New Airbus X Extended CFM Sound Enhancements V.1.16.5

GURU

That autopilot sound was used because I felt it carried more tone. Of course feel free to put your original back.

Mark, are the links in post number #1 actual?. I dowloaded the soundpack just two minutes ago, but for example the groundcrew of Dave is missing. It actual includes the old native soundpack.

Edit: Mark said, that the groundcrew isn't added at the moment. It's no problem as we can add this easy by ourselfs.

Great Job Mark.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark - many, many thanks for this great work, and for your volunteering to take it on. Many of us are really grateful.

One very minor request, if it's not a problem - when you post new versions, is there any chance you could update the text of the initial post to let us know the version number or file ID of the files currently posted? With updates coming so quickly (thanks for that), it's getting challenging to be sure we've got the latest version on hand. Thanks in advance, and if this is too much to ask, that's fine - if necessary, will gladly do the version-checking at this end. Again, really appreciate everything you're doing.

Mark - many, many thanks for this great work, and for your volunteering to take it on. Many of us are really grateful.

One very minor request, if it's not a problem - when you post new versions, is there any chance you could update the text of the initial post to let us know the version number or file ID of the files currently posted? With updates coming so quickly (thanks for that), it's getting challenging to be sure we've got the latest version on hand. Thanks in advance, and if this is too much to ask, that's fine - if necessary, will gladly do the version-checking at this end. Again, really appreciate everything you're doing.

yeah of course buddy

Hi All,

Just to confirm, i remove the original folders from: or is this a purchased sound set?

Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base

and replace them with the new ones?

As i just did the above started FSX and got a lot of errors with missing sounds. I am sure it is me and thought i would ask the experts.

example. Error openig wave file \SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Sound_ASC\Parking_brakes.wav plus many more

Thanks as always

Az

Hi All,

Just to confirm, i remove the original folders from: or is this a purchased sound set?

Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base

and replace them with the new ones?

As i just did the above started FSX and got a lot of errors with missing sounds. I am sure it is me and thought i would ask the experts.

example. Error openig wave file \SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Sound_ASC\Parking_brakes.wav plus many more

Thanks as always

Az

Just remove the two folder sound_asc & sound_cfm. back them up and place my two folders in there you should be good to go my friend.

Just remove the two folder sound_asc & sound_cfm. back them up and place my two folders in there you should be good to go my friend.

If you unzip the Folder Sound_ASC.ZIP, you get a folder Sound_ASC that contains a subfolder Sound_ASC. You only have to copy the second subfolder Sound_ASC folder, not the first on the upper level. Only copy the folder that directly contains the wave file.

Mark the sounds are awesome, thank you so much!!! The only one i cannot get to work is the thud on landing or cabin rattle, just tried a fairly hard landing at 160-170knts with the lady shouting unstable lol

I am still new here however to have someone like yourself dedicate lots of time to create such a perfect sound enhancement pack is nothing but amazing!!! Thank you also for your reply.

I will maybe try a harder land to see what it does unless you know of any tweaks i need to make in the sound.cfg folder to get the cabin rattle.

Thanks

Az

If you unzip the Folder Sound_ASC, you get a folder Sound_ASC that contains a folder Sound_ASC. You only have to copy the second Sound_ASC folder, not the first on the upper level. Only copy the folder that directly contains the wave file.

Chris it was indeed the 2nd folder which i was overlooking, maybe i should try this after a cup of tea in the morning. I must have been half asleep. Thank you for taking the time to reply, very much appreciated!!

Az

Mark the sounds are awesome, thank you so much!!! The only one i cannot get to work is the thud on landing or cabin rattle, just tried a fairly hard landing at 160-170knts with the lady shouting unstable lol

I am still new here however to have someone like yourself dedicate lots of time to create such a perfect sound enhancement pack is nothing but amazing!!! Thank you also for your reply.

I will maybe try a harder land to see what it does unless you know of any tweaks i need to make in the sound.cfg folder to get the cabin rattle.

Thanks

Az

This is exactly what i experience too. I miss this "Bump" when the gear touches down and then the "rattle"sound.

Would be great if you could improve this too.

By the way: The spoilers sound in the air is great. it takes now much longer until the "air sound" disappears.

Wonderful what you are doing, thank you so much Mark,

Carsten

Can someone please report back if this is much better regards...

I think i may bring up the groundroll alittle just so there is a bit more thud and rumble.

Ok guys been sat here for about an hour and i have made a new shutdown sound for both inside and out just added a little whine sound pretty good so that will be in the next version when i get around to it.

Right just to keep you in the loop as you can see there are quite alot of updates close together on this baby.

So here is what I am going to do. I have put on the start of this thread the date when it was last uploaded and what is included in the version.

Sunday 8/11/2013 - I will be uploading V.1.16.2 - I will let you know what is new in the download and also put the date and time when it goes live so you know which version is which and when it was last updated!

• New Touchdown sound
  • New shutdown sounds inside & out, with added whine.
  • Louder groundroll just brought the volume up alittle to give that atmosphere.
  • New FDU Click sound so it has button release effect.
  • Enhanced Groundcrew soundset By Dave Romford and the added filter by Christian

More to come

Mark, why we can not hear some sounds that are in the CFM folder. For example: Fan3B Fan2B? I mean, they are not hearable on FSX only if you listen to them on your pc player.

Can someone please report back if this is much better regards...

I think i may bring up the groundroll alittle just so there is a bit more thud and rumble.

Thanks Mark for your quick update! I will report back as soon as I have applied this, which will be tomorrow.

I really am impressed with the new enhancements!

Az

Mark, why we can not hear some sounds that are in the CFM folder. For example: Fan3B Fan2B? I mean, they are not hearable on FSX only if you listen to them on your pc player.

I'm not sure what you mean my friend. Which files you on about because Fan3b & 2B are playing this end m8 ?

Yeah I have panned all the sounds so

Engine one is now moved over to the left and engine Two is moved over to the right so together you get stereo ... Also makes them sound abit more realistic especially when you start and shutdown the engines in the cockpit you can hear the engines going off in the correct ear piece

Great sound set. A side bar question, not sure which country or airline tell the passengers to remove their seat-belts when the light is extinguished, but have been on a few different world carriers and they remind us to leave it on when seated due to possible in flight turbulence.

Great sound set. A side bar question, not sure which country or airline tell the passengers to remove their seat-belts when the light is extinguished, but have been on a few different world carriers and they remind us to leave it on when seated due to possible in flight turbulence.

Yeah Most airlines tell you to keep your seatbelt on while seated as far as i know

Archived