Path Route Export wrong for PMDG NGX

Hi,

The FMC saves the flightplans under PMG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX
In Route export the path is PMDG\FLIGHTPLANSNGX

without the slash.

AND must be .rte instead of rt2

In earlier versions it was ok!

Frans

Where is the difficulty in simply changing the path? It's what I did after seeing the missing slash.
I also can't confirm that PFPX saves NGX plans as .rt2

In my installation it works as it should and the export is .rte

@Farlis Perhaps because you never save in the FMC under ACT RTE <SAVE under L4?
@ srcooke the FMC saves in .rte
@ PFPX: please make a correction a.s.a.p. In the first 9 versions it was ok.
@ Aerosoft : I have this topic on Notification. Does not work.

TIA

Frans

Yes.

Now the PMDG Export function needs to be fixed so it too exports to .RTE format. MD-11 can't read the NGX exported plan, and the FSX plan is broken too (even FSX spits it out as wrong).

Best regards,

Robin.

So does PFPX if you follow the snapshot.

But it you don't want to make it work, byee.

It does NOT in 1.10. IN 1.10 it saves in rt2

Bye too

Frans

It does NOT in 1.10. IN 1.10 it saves in rt2

Bye too

Frans

I have to repeat that what you are seeing is not happening with my installation of 1.10.

The NGX option gives me rte files the pmdg simulations option gives me rt2.

I have to repeat that what you are seeing is not happening with my installation of 1.10.

The NGX option gives me rte files the pmdg simulations option gives me rt2.

+1

The FMC saves in PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX\xyz.rte

Frans,

If you use the browse button in the export dialogue of PFPX, you can enter any location you want to export to. That's what I have been trying to tell you in my very first answer already.

I have already made one NGX and one 777 flight since the release of 1.10. It is working if you fix the incorrect path.

Frans,

If you use the browse button in the export dialogue of PFPX, you can enter any location you want to export to. That's what I have been trying to tell you in my very first answer already.

I have already made one NGX and one 777 flight since the release of 1.10. It is working if you fix the incorrect path.

Sorry, but how exactly do you do that??? I can't seem to change the export path

Sorry, but how exactly do you do that??? I can't seem to change the export path

Easy:

You see the green " Apply" button in the export dialogue window? The one you have been pressing everytime when you export your routes to another format?

Now look to it's right. There is button depicting a yellow folder that reads "Browse".

Now from the list below you pick whatever path you want to change and click on the "Browse" button.

The rest you will figure out on your own...

OK - the EXTENSION may be .RTE, BUT THE CONTENTS ARE DIFFERENT.

To get the flight plan export to work with the MD-11, it MUST have BOTH the .RTE extension, AND be in a format compatible with the MD-11. The NGX format (any) is NOT compatible.

I hope this is clear.

The straight-forward PMDG export option (to the FLIGHTPLANS folder only) *SHOULD* work for the MD-11, but it does not. As I wrote in another thread, even the "basic" FSX flight plan is broken, and FSX will not load its own flight plan format. Thus, the export system is broken in more ways than simply file paths or extensions.

Best regards,

Robin.

Easy:

You see the green " Apply" button in the export dialogue window? The one you have been pressing everytime when you export your routes to another format?

Now look to it's right. There is button depicting a yellow folder that reads "Browse".

Now from the list below you pick whatever path you want to change and click on the "Browse" button.

The rest you will figure out on your own...

Great, Farlis! Problem solved forever!

Frans

Archived