PFPX V1.10 - Captain Sim

Hi,

I just purchased PFPX. One reason therefore was that the website announced support for CaptaiSim 757/767 products. But I can't find templates for CaptainSim products. Also I can't find a way to export the flightplan to CaptainSim.

Thank you for your help.

Could you post a Captain Sim sample route file? So we could add the format with the next release...

Sorry,

but I can't open the file with the editor. It's a .rt file. So maybe it matches with another export file. As far as I know another addon uses this file format. I would like to give it a try - but I don't know which addon uses a .rt file.

By the way, I'm very upset. On your very own website you advertise with the support to CaptainSim products - in the manner of offering it for route export. But now you are asking me to post a sample route!

I don't want to waste my time to a product that is not keeping the promises that it makes in it's advertising. I got enough of that.

Do your homework.

Pino Stehle

Here is a zip file with 2 RT files in it. The readme.txt explains the difference between them.

http://rapidshare.com/share/556B5BE8FAD36C6D4D0B23B133531238

If you have trouble getting the file, let me know and I'll try getting them to you another way.

EDIT: The .rt files included in the zip file are in CS757 v4.6 and CS767 v1.5 format. They don't work, as far as I know, with earlier versions of these addons!

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Support for Captain Sim products was a major factor in my purchase. It irks me that not only does it not support them, but to this day the product description falsely claims it does. What the heck?

Could you post a Captain Sim sample route file? So we could add the format with the next release...

That was Oct, 10th. Today's Nov, 6th. The flightsimsoft site still claims "Planned routes can be exported to (...) and Captain Sim 757/767"

The same, BTW, is true for the Aerosoft shop product page.

Unbelievable ...

If the only thing I can do is create a route for FSX, then import that route into my Captain Sim 757 FMC, then I'm not really seeing the value of this product. I already have a program that creates here-to-there flights. It's called FSX. If you like the Quality Wings 757 better, you're in luck because that one's supported.

Maybe just pop in and say something like, "Hi, guys, we thought we could include Captain Sim support when the copy got written, but we hit a snag. We're working on it, and can assure you that we are committed to earning your trust. We don't discuss release dates, but we are definitely talking near term. And while we're at it, we could use some help from some of you dedicated Captain Sim guys."

No one's here to tear anybody's head off. We just want to know what is being done to provide Captain Sim support. Mark has been more than generous with his time (seriously... no mere human could do everything Mark does, so I'm pretty sure he's an advanced program). Yet, apparently, you have not even acknowledged his help. A little interest in this thread would go a long way Christian.

I am almost buying TOPCAT, then I wondered if Captain Sim products were really supported. (And I missed the bundle, so two good reasons to hesitate.)

• 2 weeks later...

The update has come and gone, and Captain Sim products were not included. We have not heard from the developer whether he is even working on it. I can be patient, as long as I know things are being fixed. So, once again, please advise of the status of Captain Sim support. Thank you in advice for your kind response.

CS customers have experienced this kind of treatment by their developer already! :D

Seriously, the current advertising of flightsimsoft is misleading.

Aerosoft have silently changed their advertising and don't mention CS support anymore. But shops like simmarket still advertise the CS support of PFPX.

Archived