Problem with Madeira

PaulSB

I thought it best to start a new topic as my problem is not now strictly a re-install. I have bought a new copy of Madeira to replace the one I mistakenly compromised the security of. I had reinstalled FSX, then FS Global 2010, then lots of Orbx scenery, in each case as administrator, disconnected from the internet, with my anti-virus disabled. I have now tried to install Madeira, in the same way, but the result is the same as when I tried to reinstall the previous copy, as follows. I restarted the PC and then loaded FSX, again as administrator and with the anti-virus disabled. The usual two windows appeared showing that FSX was building the scenery files and database. However, neither airport appeared in the airports list and there was no entry for Madeira in the scenery library. The Madeira scenery and texture files appear in FSX's aerosoft file but not in the addon scenery file. Following the instructions in the knowledge base I created a file called 'Madeira' in the addon scenery file and copied the scenery and texture files into it. That did not work. From the suggestions on other members problems with Madeira, I looked at the fix for FS Global, but the web site made it clear that this was only for cases where FS Global is installed after Madeira. I also looked in FSX's scenery\0502\scenery file; it has the entries APX43200.bg_, but not .bgl, and APX43200.madeira and also cvx4320.madeira, but not cvx4320.bgl. I am now well beyond my level on understanding! Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

PaulSB

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

When you installed Madeira X correctly it should be located here:

x:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Madeira X

If it does not appear in your scenery library, something blocked the installer to make a correct entry in the scenery.cfg.

To avoid this:

- run the installer as Adminsitrator (right click on the setup file and choose "Run as Administrator"

- disable antivirus while installing

If this still doesn't work, you can add the scenery manualy:

- check that it located in the path shown above

- open your scenery library

- choose "add.."

- choose the folder above, click OK

- due to a bug under Win7, in the next window simply click somewhere in the white area of the box, done

Wehn using Orbx sceneries, make sure that you set FTXCentral to "Default" before installing!!!

Hi Otto,

I have found the solution.

For my config which is AS Madeira X 1.20 + FTX Global + FTX Global Vector + FSGlobal 2010 + MyTraffic 5.4c

You Need to disable these Files in order to get it working.

FSGlobal 2010

FSGX2010 \ LocalMeshes \ scenery \ cvxLPMA.bgl

MyTraffic

MyTraffic \ Scenery \ BR2_LPMA.BGL
MyTraffic \ Scenery \ BR2_LPPS.BGL

ORBX-Vector

ORBX \ FTX_VECTOR \ Scenery \ CVX4320.bgl
ORBX \ FTX_VECTOR_AEC \ Scenery \ AECLPMA.bgl
ORBX \ FTX_VECTOR_AEC \ Scenery \ AECLPPS.bgl

• 2 weeks later...
Hello 
I have a little situation with aerosoft madeira X. The airport appears to be on a plateau and the a/c traffic or, the a.i. traffic, is below the ground.  All I see is a satellite picture of the airport. I tried to follow the instructions in the manual but no hope. In my system I have installed FTX Global+ vector. Any help will be very appreciated. Is there any way for me to send you a picture so you can see exactly what I am talking about? Thanks!  

Hi Otto,

I have found the solution.

For my config which is AS Madeira X 1.20 + FTX Global + FTX Global Vector + FSGlobal 2010 + MyTraffic 5.4c

You Need to disable these Files in order to get it working.

FSGlobal 2010

FSGX2010 \ LocalMeshes \ scenery \ cvxLPMA.bgl

MyTraffic

MyTraffic \ Scenery \ BR2_LPMA.BGL

MyTraffic \ Scenery \ BR2_LPPS.BGL

ORBX-Vector

ORBX \ FTX_VECTOR \ Scenery \ CVX4320.bgl

ORBX \ FTX_VECTOR_AEC \ Scenery \ AECLPMA.bgl

ORBX \ FTX_VECTOR_AEC \ Scenery \ AECLPPS.bgl

hello. how can i desable those files. any help plesase

Archived