How to save correctly a flight and the reload?

riccardo74

Which is the correct spet by step procedure to save and reload a flight?

I'm asking it becasue yesterday (with FS2Crew) I made all preflight checklist and cockpit preparation, so set uo MCDU and FCU correctly. Then save the flight via FSX menu, but today when I reload the flight MCDU and FCU was in default state, no data on MCDU completely empty.

So, how I have to do to save the flight correctly?

It's not yet fully supported - but you can get it working. See here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71455-which-files-needed-for-saving-different-fmgs-states/

EDIT:

The big points are:

• Saving via the FSX menu bar saves your flight ... but not yet your 'Airbus state'.
  • In order to save the 'Airbus state' you need to do a panel state saving from the right MCDU after the FSX save: This saves both your panel state and your 'MCDU'/FMGS state.
  • You can store a variety of panel states, but the older FMGS states will be overwritten by the latest one - so, after saving your FMGS state, you should copy it into a safe place (see the link for further details).

Thanks olli.

In your other post I saw you use RC. Which is the correct steps to save a flight with AXE?

1) save panel state on AXE

2) save flight via FSX menu, this save also .FLT, .RC and .WX files

3) reload flight from RC one FSX is running and AXE loaded up with associated panel state?

do you proceed like this? Thanks for your help.

Thanks olli.

In your other post I saw you use RC. Which is the correct steps to save a flight with AXE?

1) save panel state on AXE

2) save flight via FSX menu, this save also .FLT, .RC and .WX files

3) reload flight from RC one FSX is running and AXE loaded up with associated panel state?

do you proceed like this? Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

The same steps occur. Only difference is RC interacting with FSX:

- Save the flight from the FSX menu (RC will "listen" and automatically saves the *.rcd file accordingly.)

- Save the AAX panel state; copy the FMGS data to a safe location.

(...)

- Reload the flight. Do this via the RC "Load Previously Saved .RCDs" button. rcd file loads and so will - automatically - the FSX flt and wx files. (Pay attention to the 'Otto has comms' stuff: You might have forgotten you had saved with Otto's comms so you would lose the PD option once RC clears you down. I usually put some shortcut into the file name to remind myself of the 'Otto state'.)

- Reload the AAX panel state and adjust your autoflight (A/THR, throttle levers, "refreshing" the CRZ FL, ...).

Basically that's your procedure. You just swap step 1 and 2 on the save. Should work just as nicely ...

Thank you very much, I hope devs will change this ways to save a flight, and make it like NGX, very simple.

i hope they provide popup 2D panel too, all screens are too small for my eyes :-)

Archived