Black Screen *Frustrating NEED HELP*

TXL12

Hey Folks,

since the 2nd October, 2013 I got a really BIG Problem I never had once and this problem is really frustrating. I will explain:

Everytime I load an aircraft or even use the "Standard" Glider and click on Start Flight, my FSX is getting a black Screen, that means I can still hear the engines but I am just able to see a black "wall".

It Looks like this:

http://abload.de/image.php?img=problem4wlbx.jpg

http://abload.de/image.php?img=problem1mkxls.jpg

It is really frustrating, as I mentioned above.

What I've done already?

I did a COMPLETE reinstall of my graphics card Drivers [i mean: Uninstall --> Used DriverCleaner --> CCleaner --> Install]

I let the FSX generate a new fsx.cfg. I did this four times.

It was a random fault, so I did a flight from EDDF to RKSI in the LATE evening of the 2nd October, I landed safely at RKSI on the next day and turned off my PC thereafter landing. In the late afternoon of the 3rd October I wanted to do a flight from EDDL to LEPA and there the Problems just began. By the way, when I was preparing my flight to RKSI this evening, the black-screen appeared just once but I solved it somehow and was able to do the flight.

I really hope, if anyone can help me without reinstalling my FSX.

Greets and thanks in advance,

Adrian :)

EDIT: Well, when I click "Start Flight", the FSX Loading Screen is INSTANT on 80% Loading Status, that's way too fast for MY FSX.

I have the same problem since a few months: have done the same as you but it didn't help; only not reinstalled Windows (7); everything works ok but with fsx, I get a black screen after a few minutes (fs9 works fine).

Have now decided to buy a new computer (this is about 4 years old) and to use this computer after that as a second one.

Not much help for you offcourse :mellow: , but I only wanted to mention and I "look over your shoulder" to helpfull reactions :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is a blindshot, but trying is almost free...

Try to put FSX in windowed mode (Alt-Enter) when this happens...

If corrected, windowed is your mode. And is FAR better than full screen, if you have more than one screen.

Regards

Is a blindshot, but trying is almost free...

Try to put FSX in windowed mode (Alt-Enter) when this happens...

If corrected, windowed is your mode. And is FAR better than full screen, if you have more than one screen.

Regards

Hey Jon,

I am using FSX in windowed mode since I installed the FSX on my PC :)

But I solved it. I'll describe it later, how I solved it :)

Thanks for your help,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Adrian

Most pleased you have found the way...

Tell us and increase the HUGE amount of tricks and tries of the FSX Universe. (calling it world sends a wrong and too much tiny message about the Homeric size of this matter).

Regards

Also tried Windows Mode, but it was no help; but I could now see a message: "NVidea Windows Kernel mode driver 320.49 didn't function properly": does that mean that the fault is in Windows en that a new Windows re-install is necessary (sorry for a probably dummy question)?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do not think so.

Try to downgrade the Nvidia drivers and try again....

Seems that your FSX does not like present drivers...

Regards

Hi guys, i have the same problem with my FSX. So i tried to fix it via flusifix or the UIAutomationcore.dll but the problem is the same. I also tried to start it on Vista mode or XP mode... at first it works but after 5min in flight or on ground the screen switches to black but i can here the engines or the voices from fs2crew. I also search since 4 day in every forums for help, don't find anything. Everybody say: "You have to insert the UIautomationcore.dll and everything will work." I'm very frustrated. 50€ for a blackscreen.

Thanks for help.

Hey Folks,

what I did to solve this issue:

I got a good tip from a guy in a Facebook group, he gave me the tip to install the 10.4 driver for AMD. So did I, BUT the Installation process was cancelled because of an error I didn't understand. So, I was still thinking how to fix that damn issue, so I did a closer look at the older drivers list on the AMD Webiste and I clicked on the 13.4 [the previous version of 13.9], downloaded it and installed it. After the Installation process I restarted my Computer as I ever did, when I install any new hardware/Windows related software.

Right after my Computer was again up, I directly started my FSX and see: IT DID WORK.

So, I would prefer to ALL AMD users, try the 13.4 driver which should work in most cases.

Thanks for y'all help. I greatly appreciated it.

Greets and a wonderful weekend to y'all,

In my case it has happened gradually: in first instance only with complex sceneries (fith FSX only sceneries, I didn't have problems) and later on also with the FTX only sceneries: so I think, it could have to do with the GPU card.

Only strange, that it happens only with FSX: with others (such as FS9) there are no problems.

I have this same problem, and am having a nightmare trying to fix it. I did two restores to the point prior to the driver update to no avail. I did a clean re-install of FSX to no avail. I then found this thread which has been a help but....

I am having trouble downgrading back to v13.4. I did a complete uninstall of my AMD software from the control panel and reboot my computer.

When I tried to do a clean install of v13.4 it gave me an error and rebooted my computer. Windows then failed to load and after a lengthy 15 minutes of trying to repair the problem I got a notification saying the error couldn't be fixed and my PC shut off.

Now everytime I try to reboot it gets to the black windows screen, then shuts off. I don't know what to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, Rob.

Seems you have lost your windows.

The better you can do is install Windows again in another partition to save the most you can from your "old" HD.

Or, if you have it already, restore an image backup of your HD.

The forecast for this failure is not good, sorry to say.

Best luck

I did a fresh Windows 7 install but it was no help: i assume now that it is my GPU card (GTX285) which is the source of the problems (what I said before: only strange, that it happens only with FSX: with others (such as FS9) there are no problems).

Now I think about buying a new computer (and keeping the existing one as a second); but: before that I will wait and see which hardware (CPU / GPU) Prepar3D V2 likes the most (as far as it is affordable of course).

Hey Folks,

what I did to solve this issue:

I got a good tip from a guy in a Facebook group, he gave me the tip to install the 10.4 driver for AMD. So did I, BUT the Installation process was cancelled because of an error I didn't understand. So, I was still thinking how to fix that damn issue, so I did a closer look at the older drivers list on the AMD Webiste and I clicked on the 13.4 [the previous version of 13.9], downloaded it and installed it. After the Installation process I restarted my Computer as I ever did, when I install any new hardware/Windows related software.

Right after my Computer was again up, I directly started my FSX and see: IT DID WORK.

So, I would prefer to ALL AMD users, try the 13.4 driver which should work in most cases.

Thanks for y'all help. I greatly appreciated it.

Greets and a wonderful weekend to y'all,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought of that about the AMD new driver. I`m having same problem. Let me get the oldest working driver for it.

Thanks,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you Adrian. Any help is welcome here.

The "problem" is that seems Willem is using a Nvidia card, but a fresh driver install does not hurt.

Regards

For the time being, I consider placing a new GPU (not too expensive) in my existing computer (I can after that quietly wait and see, what hardware Prepar3D V2 likes the most :)).

Now I think at:

- AMD Radeon HD 7850 / 2GB

Does anyone has experience with this type of card: does FSX functions "ok" with it?

• 2 weeks later...

My problem is solved: the reason of the problem was the GPU: GTX295. In the meantime, I have been informed that the GTX295 (when getting older) and a "black screen" in case of a complex graphic application are not seldom.

Now installed a second hand AMD Radeon HD 6990/4GB and this works extreme fine.

An additional information: the AMD Radeon HD 6990 works fine with driver 13.4!!; however with later drivers there can be problems such as "black screens".

Now ready for flying FSX again! :D

Archived