Fuel Used PMDG777 vs PFPX 777

Hello all,

after some repeated long range flights I am starting to notice that the PMDG 777 is more fuel efficient than the PFPX template for the 777. On flights of 7 hours or more, the difference can be as much as 2 tons extra on board when landing.

So on my present flight I decided to validate the figures in PFPX and came to about 98% instead of the default 104% value.

Now I have no trouble adjusting them. It is just that I want to know what I need to adjust. Either the PFPX BIAS or the fuel flow scalar on the PMDG 777.

So my question is, in PFPX, what is the 100% bias reflect? Are the figures taken directly from FCOM's? If that is the case I will adjust the scalar of the PMDG 777.

Cheers,

Xander

Xander,

the datas used to create the PFPX template are the real one but i dont know which ones they use at PMDG.

the datas are not coming from FCOM but from other tools more detailled.

hope it helps you.

the bias should be 100% unless you find a disperancy like the one found.

all the best.

Phil

Hi MD82

If I was you I would stick with PMDG cfg.file.

The guys at PMDG are very good at what they do. They test there configs very well. Altering it could have effects elsewhere.

Better to change the bias In PFPX that's what it's there for. In the real world no two aircraft perform exactly the same the bias setting in PFPX is as real world. It's used to unjust the performance to match the aircraft. Actually there is a tool in PFPX to help you fine time the bias I can't remember what it's called.

Looked it up. It's called the BIAS evaluator.

Quote from the PFPX manual

Evaluate: The Evaluate dialog allows to quickly determine Bias and Drag values for a specific aircraft type by comparing PFPX values with in-flight readings of a specific Flight Simulator add- on. An in-flight data reading should be done at optimum alti- tude and common speed schedule/cost index of the airplane desired. Enter the airplanes gross weight, altitude, present speed schedule, fuel flow per hour (total of all operating en- gines), Static Air Temperature (SAT), True Air Speed (TAS) and Ground Speed (GS). PFPX will propose a Bias and a Drag value. Use the Apply button to accept these values.

Thanks Andy, yes. If you see from the first post I evaluated a flight and it confirmed my suspicion that the PMDG 777 was running at 98% of the

PFPX 777 calculated. And PFPX is based on actual cost index. I know that PMDG is good, but it's still FSX and it's still a simple flow scalar no

matter how complex PMDG model their planes. The PFPX people have it much much more easy in that they don't have to compromise or simulate anything. They just make very complex database very user friendly. I respect PMDG for doing what they do. But for personal reason I still beleive it better

to adjust the scalar just a tad to match PFPX's 777 performance tables. If I'm not happy I have retained the original value behind double slashes

in the .cfg file. I can always go back to original. Thanks for the input.

Cheers,

Xander

• 2 months later...

On a Flight from EDDP-LEBL/LERS PFPX planned 37622 lbs Fuel with a ZFW:547,000 lbs

I land with 1,548 lbs I haven't change any value like BIAS or Cost index .

There is a lot of discrepancy by the original poster as I should have landed with 11815LBS of fuel.

What I doing wrong.

Thank's

Fabrizio

• 2 months later...

I have observed it as well that with the default PFPX profile and ASN on flights of 7+ hours the fuel is approximately +2 to 2.5 tones difference.

I tried to uses the Evaluate for the bias and when used the value that was calculated, I believe 98% on the next flight I ended -2 tones on the 777 than what it was predicted. I have not modified the bias to 100% and will test on the next flight.

Chris

My fuel on destination was always constant about 18000pound most of the time 100% for me CI 45

Make sure to input your cost index when creating flightplan

Stephen,

All my flights were with 1.12 and the 777LR was there with 104% and that gave me the +2 tones.I will look the templates for 1.14.

OK, I updated my fleet entries for the 747 and 777 as they were definitely different to the existing entries, which hadn't been modified.

I have checked on 1.14. Templates for PMDG are with 104%. However if I choose the LR from the aircraft list it gives 100%. I will make a flight with 100% to check what the fuel values are.

Chris

My fuel on destination was always constant about 18000pound most of the time 100% for me CI 45

Make sure to input your cost index when creating flightplan

And Make sure to set the FMC accordingly.

Pierre

Archived