Mis aligned waypoints

gsumner

I didnt think it was your data as my other programs are all aligned fine. I just thought id mention it in the forum.

Im still looking for an answer from the efb people but thanks for your interest in the matter :-)

Regards

Graham

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk 2

A few things that might help you:

1. Download and install all navaid updates from:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navint.html

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

all 3 of them.

2. Run FSX once, and close it.

3. Download and install your latest AIRAC cycle, either from NavDataPro or Navigraph.

4. Open the EFB Data Provider and do Data -> FSX Scenery Data Update.

5. Close the EFB Data Provider.

Also bear in mind that some navaids - basically VORs and DMEs - exist both in the AIRAC datasets and in airport AFCADs. Now, in case their location is not the same, I do not know which one EFB takes into account (or both maybe).

Hi,

I did visit the site and updated my navdata. Ive been doing some experimenting and noted the following:-

The plot thickens.

1.Built by PFPX exported to FSX.pln format and imported to Electronic Flight Bag

j9v6vm.jpg

2.Built by PFPX exported to FS Commander and imported to Electronic Flight Bag

amsaie.jpg

3.Built by FSBuild exported to FSX.pln format and imported to Electronic Flight Bag

j136yu.jpg

As you can see only one of them (2) agrees. I would suggest the common denominator is Navdata Pro data but really cant say for sure as I don't know how these programs interact.

I export to iFly 737 fsx but don't have any duplicate waypoints.

Any ideas?

Graham

Graham,

Each of the flight planners you've listed creates a PLN file that places EXMOR at a specific position. When you use EFB to create the SID, it places EXMOR where NavData lists it to be. If there is a difference between the two EXMOR's positions that is greater than a few seconds, EFB will draw both. (Waypoints and Navaids all around the world can share the same IDs - there's more than one EXMOR, etc.)

When you imported your route to your iFly737 what planner created the route file? Did you include the SID as part of the export/import, or did you allow the iFly to impress its own SID?

I still feel that the simplest solution is the one I've suggested - use the route string to go between planners and other utilities. Only generate a PLN for direct use in FSX.

PFPX exported to iFly direct with no sid/star attached. I underdtand EXMOR is created by these flight planning program but all are fed data from navdata pro so shouldnt the co ordinates match. Exporting to FS Commander seems to work fine and its only a cosmetic error really but im still curious why it happens thats all.

Graham

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk now Free

Graham,

I received your files via email - they express what I have assumed, and will refer to here. (I attempted to upload the PLN files that you had sent me, but was cautioned "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file".)

From your PFPX PLN file (which is in the FSX PLN format and which appears to express LON/LAT as Hours Minutes Seconds (although I see a reference to "51 degrees and 11 degrees North").):

<ATCWaypoint id="EXMOR">
<ATCWaypointType>Intersection</ATCWaypointType>
<WorldPosition>N51° 11° 43.00",W003° 22' 35.00",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
<ICAO>
<ICAOIdent>EXMOR</ICAOIdent>
</ICAO>
</ATCWaypoint>

From your PFPX-to-FSC PLN file (a propritary FSC format which expresses LON/LAT as Hours and Decimal-Hours):

WP=1,Int,EXMOR,EXMOR,51.178612,-3.359722,0.000000,243.263531,-2.746022,1,0,0,,0,0,0

From your FSBuild PLN file (which is yet a third format... which looks like FS9 if my memory is correct - but which also expresses LON/LAT as Hours and Minutes and Decimal-Minutes)

waypoint.1=EXMOR, I, N51* 10.42', W003* 21.34', +000000.00, UN864

Now if I convert the FSC expressed "Hours and Decimal-Hours format" to the others' "Hours and Minutes and Decimal-Minutes format" I would get this:

N51° 10.71672"
W03° 21.58332"

Which is so close to your PFPX-FSC-PLN format that EFB represents it in your screen #2 as "the same position."

So as you can see, each of your PLN files has a different position for the same fix - one of which (#2) fractionally agrees with NavData / EFB.

However I will take your data and apply them to various aircraft and reply with my findings in a few days. (I must load your EFBR files into EFB and export them to various formats, etc.)

Still though, after seeing these I would more strongly suggest that you use the route string as given by your flight planners to interact between planners and other add-ons, as it seems clear that some of the add-ons which you own appoach route building in a different manner.

I do feel that for forum readers, I must acknowledge that I am both a commercial developer (associated with AivlaSoft EFB) and that I do not currently own PFPX, FS Commander, nor FSBuild.

I have no "negative" expressions for those products, and do not wish anyone to infer anything negative about those products from anything that I might express here or otherwise.

Archived