Co-pilot is switching off by itself

Chris0410

I have a problem with Airbus X 1.15. During the flight, in the middle of going through the checklist, suddenly the Co-Pilot stopped working. When looking at the right MCDU, I found the Co-Piolt function suddenly turned off. This happend 3 times in the flight.

Any guess what causes the Co-Pilot to turn off?

I guess you mean the autopilot, not the copilot. The copilot is the person sitting in the right hand chair, and I can't imagine how a person can be switched off.

Did you touch the yoke or rudder while the autopilot was on? That might be the reason.

I did not mean the Autopilot but the co-pilot. Exactly, I mean the Co-Pilot function of the checklist. You can Switch on the checklist and also the Co-Pilot function. If switched on, the Co-Pilot is doing his Tasks automatically, e.g. after the callout "Flaps 1", he sets the flaps to Position 1.

I guess you mean the autopilot, not the copilot. The copilot is the person sitting in the right hand chair, and I can't imagine how a person can be switched off.

Did you touch the yoke or rudder while the autopilot was on? That might be the reason.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have a problem with Airbus X 1.15. During the flight, in the middle of going through the checklist, suddenly the Co-Pilot stopped working. When looking at the right MCDU, I found the Co-Piolt function suddenly turned off. This happend 3 times in the flight.

Any guess what causes the Co-Pilot to turn off?

Christian, before posting please make yourself familiar with the structure of the forum and next time post in the correct section.

No, I do not have FS2Crew for the Airbus installed. I have FS2Crew for the PMDG 737NGX installed but that should not be a Problem.

Do you have FS2Crew for the Airbus or MultiCrewEnvironment (demo/full version) installed?

Sorry, did the first posting on my iPhone and did not see, that there is a Special Right CDU/Checklist subforum. Can you push it there?

Christian, before posting please make yourself familiar with the structure of the forum and next time post in the correct section.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Christian,

it seems that you use additional software which keyboard commands interfere with the Checklist- and Copilot functions. In this case please set the HOTKEYS option (details you find in chapter 4.6.3 of the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide) to OFF.

Regards,

Hanse

Hanse, that was a very useful hint. Until now i didn't notice that the checklist hotkeys are often only the numbers 1 and 2. I wondered that this option didn't interfere with the build in ATC in FSX (where 1 and to on the main Keyboard is used). But now I am using OpusFSX and I am using 1 and 2 on the numpad for viewing option. So, I first had to recognize, that the nunpad number are others keys than the main Keyboard numbers, but I did not had that in mind. So at the end I was using hotkey without beeing aware of this.

Many thanks for helping me to find the solution. When I read the part of the documentation all was clear. You even mention EZdok as a very similar Software. Facepalm!

Hi Christian,

it seems that you use additional software which keyboard commands interfere with the Checklist- and Copilot functions. In this case please set the HOTKEYS option (details you find in chapter 4.6.3 of the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide) to OFF.

Regards,

Hanse

Archived