Engine parametres

Andrea1

Hi to all,

I've really appreciated all the improvements made to this software...now I'd have a little request (don't misunderstand me not a criticism here..just a suggestion..)

It'd be possible in the next versions to have a still more realistic engine parameters simulation i.e.:

ground idle parameters (ISA medium sea level) CFM56 engines:

N1%= 19-20%

N2%= 58-60%

EGT=390-460°

Fuel flow (average) 275 kg/h

(I've taken this value by a real airbus FCOM but also in your "normal procedures" guide chapter "engine start" page 9 are reported those values)

Now EGT is correct but N2 remains high (66-67%) and fuel flow very low (200-210 kg/h)

A better N2 vs N1 curve (I can't remember with the new 1.15 version but with previous ones N2 remained very high i.e. near 100% also if N1 was reduced to 80-85 and that not very realistic)...

I've no idea if you are already simulating the new CFM56 LEAP (with low fuel consumption) engine but according to me a fuel flow of about 3000-3200 kg/h at takeoff (also with flex temp 45) considering that at rated thrust (i.e. 27.000 lbs) fuel flow rate should be (at ground and static) about 0,35 lbs per lbs of thrust seems a bit low...

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

Archived