Problem with route LPPT-LPMA

Hello all,

I have a problem with this route since release of PFPX I was wondering if anyone can give me a hand on this.

I am planning a flight between LPPT and LPMA. Portugal is Free Route airspace above FL245 so no airways will be used only DCTs.

GANSU DCT LIDRO seems a good option but I have problems making this one that is used with real operator GANSU DCT NARTA DCT LIDRO.

Everytime that I build this route PFPX automatically places and airways between GANSU and NARTA

My plan: GANSU DCT NARTA DCT LIDRO

After PFPX build GANSU UN975 NARTA DCT LIDRO

The problem here is that due to the fact UN975 is limited to FL245 so PFPX only allows me to climb to optimum at the middle of the flight

I hope you understand my doubt because it's a little tricky to describe by text but the hint should be the fact that If I want a DCT between 2 points the PFPX is always connecting them to an airway

I think the solution is to simply edit the route PFPX gives you.

I too received the auto-route GANSU UN975 NARTA, but then I used the pull down menu under the route section and selected "EDIT".

That opens the route editor and allows you to edit your route as you wish.

Here's a picture of your route as you were wanting using directs vs. airways:

post-92283-0-51688800-1380333527_thumb.j

And as it appears in PFPX after modification:

post-92283-0-12613800-1380333666_thumb.j

And the map view of the modified route:

post-92283-0-88765600-1380333706_thumb.j

I hope this helps.

Happy Planning! :)

Archived