Keep getting the same error message while re-planning

When I plan a route and get an error message (e.g. ramp weight y Kg exceeds maximum ramp weight by x Kg), I keep getting the same message although I select re-plan and remedy the problem (i.e. reduce the payload in this case). The only solution is to close the program and restart it. This is happening with all versions of PFPX up to 1.08 with every error message encountered after computing a flight.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I found a solution. If you delete the erroneous calculation from the results page you do not get the error any more when you re-plan.

As an example, i was planning a flight from YMML-LGAV. Random payload and auto routing. Initially with a payload of 60t I was getting the error that "aircraft weight exceeds max ramp weight by n Kg" in the results page. I selected re-plan and reduced the payload to 43.7t to be below the weight limits. Once I pressed compute with the new weights I was still getting exactly the same error as before. However, after deleting the erroneous result from the previous calculation in the results page, I was able to compute the flight with the new weights without issues.

I also experienced this with 1.08. I imagine it's a bug since the error keeps appearing even after reducing the payload, and, as you pointed out, the only way to solve this is deleting the entry in the Schedule tab and re-planning from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait, what? First you say "Next version fixes this issue", and now you say there's no "Example scenario"? Oh dear...

The issue is described pretty well on starting post. You can try it by yourself. Try planning a flight in which your landing weight exceeds the MLW (in my case I used PMDG's 777 and the excess was caused by the extra fuel), and you'll get an error that says "Landing Weight (xxx.xxx kg) exceeds Maximum Landing Weight of xxx.xxx kg by x.xxx kg". The issue is that, even after hitting Re-plan and correcting the weights so that planned landing weight is below maximum landing weight, the error keeps appearing. The only way to overcome this is resetting the flight plan altogether and start from scratch, which is quite annoying and obviously a bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to reproduce, please follow the following steps

All values in KG

From LGIR 09 to LGAV 21L

Aircraft PMDG 737 Cruise .81 Cruize level MAX the rest values left default

Payload, enter manually at ZFW the max one i.e 53800Kg

Fuel EU OPS enter, taxi fuel 120 Release Fuel MIN, Contingency 4000Kg APU in flight NO

Auto Route (EPAL1K EPALO B26 MIL A10 SOREV SORE1B)

No Alternate

After I press compute flight the flight is computed but since my Landing weight is above MAX it gives it red. Press re-plan and remove the Contingency fuel and press compute. A pop up is appearing saying that Landing Weight exceeds max by X kilos. the only way to calculate correctly is by pressing Reset and starting from scratch, not an easy task especially in long hauls.

A second think I observed during testing

If in payload I press the maximum (Payload MAX) and put the rest values exactly the same as above and press calculate then PFPX automatically reduces my ZFW below MAX ZFW in order all weights to be inside the limits. Why a planning software changes the ZFW automatically? This decision should be left to the human.

Hope the above helps.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the error still exists in 1.13, but now even "Reset" didn't work to recover from the warning message, overweight, always the same amount, no matter what I changed.

I had to restart PFPX to get a new calculation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am running into the same issue... only that I will reset and shut down the program in its entirety, use TOPCAT, restart PFPX and input TOPCAT data (which is underweight) into PFPX and still get the overweight error.

Archived