Update 1.08 installation problems

Dear PFPX-Support-Team!

Searched the forum but found no solution, so i start this topic.

As i started the currently installed version 1.07, PFPX tells me there is an update to version 1.08 possible.

Downloaded the update (not the full version) and run the installer.

Now i´m getting following message:

"This update needs an installed version of Professional Flight Planner X.

Please install Professional Flight Planner X before you running this update again."

After hitting the "Ok" Button, the installer closed.

Installation Path of the V1.07: C:\Aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X

FYI: Purchased directly from FlightSimSoft.com and no Antivirus or Firewall is blocking the installer.

Sure, i can download the full installation package, save my templates and installing again, but i wanna understand why this happens.

Any help / suggestions?

Kind regards

Try This.

Finally, I have it installed.

Deleted this file: C:\ InstallShield Installation Information\1A5D2729-4A3B-4CD5-85C8-4896FD44B78D

New download and installation with 1.07.

Closed all files and folders.

Shut down the computer.

Opened the Computer.

The above deleted file, has been reinstalled on the original C:\. (The setup application files)

Bill T

Had the same issue on one of my computer (on the other the update worked perfectly) but on one of my system, I would install the 1.08 update but when starting PFPX I was still in 1.07. I solved it by uninstalling PFPX and installing the full 1.08 version over.

Hi Vaillant,

As uninstalled the previous version, i thought this must be version 1.07, but it was 1.05. O.o

Maybe this happend because i downloaded only the mini-updates and hotfixes earlier, not the full installer.

I think, that the registry, the PFPX.exe or whatever was not correct updated.

However, problem solved.

Topic can be closed!

Kind regards!

Archived