V1.15 - BARO REF Setting

Tango777-200LR

I just did 2 test flights with v 1.15, and after I landed the co-pilot kept calling out "Set baro reference captain" even after vacating the runway and turning the co-pilot feature in the MCDU2 off. The checklist from the co-pilot continued to read aloud properly with the taxi to gate and shutdown sequence call outs, but the "set baro reference captain" kept repeating until I quit FSX. Anyone else with a problem like this?

brandon

Hi

Same with me. However, the Baro reference call out can be stopped by playing around the qnh/alt knob. This used to happen once in a blue moon with the previous releases. But now, in addition to that, there seems to be an issue with the synchronization, because it starts the before take off checklist way before arriving to the holding point, and executes after landing checklist while still on the runway at 55 kts. But still an enjoyable flight.

Jead

Hi

Same with me. However, the Baro reference call out can be stopped by playing around the qnh/alt knob. This used to happen once in a blue moon with the previous releases. But now, in addition to that, there seems to be an issue with the synchronization, because it starts the before take off checklist way before arriving to the holding point, and executes after landing checklist while still on the runway at 55 kts. But still an enjoyable flight.

Jead

I dont think , its wrong, because, in the airline that i fly, we do the before takeoff checks way before reaching the holding point, and also, below 60 kts , we perform the after landing checklist. Its not the same plane, but the principles are the same.

Paulo Morais

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi guys,

I thought we have solved this issue with the BARO REF SETTING ways before releasing 1.15. Additionally I remember that we nothing changed in connection with this issue for the new release. So we must try to find the reason respectivly to reproduce the problem. Normally it is part of a checklist and has nothing to do with the CL start. If p. e. the BEFORE TAKEOFF CL starts ways before the Rwy Holding Point this has nothing to do with the BARO REF SETTING and might be another issue. Maybe you accidentilly pushed "1" and started it manually. Therefore we do have the following questions to reproduce the error:

• Does it only happens during the LANDING CL?
  • What were your FSX baro settings - value and mbar or inHg?
  • Did you set up the MCDU PERF APPR page - value and mbar or inH?
  • If not - did you push "B" to use the FSX value?
  • Did you use the SKIP function in the MCDU CHECKLIST MENU to proceed in the CL?

Regards,

Hanse

Hanse,

Sorry for the delayed response as i thought that this post went forgotten.

Your questions and my answers are:

Does it only happen during landing: Yes

FSX baro settings are in inHg (example: 29.97)

MCDU PERF APPR page was also valued in inHg.

Push "B"? No. Manually inputted

Use SKIP function in MCDU CHECKLIST MENU to proceed? No.

thanks,

brandon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Brandon,

the problem with the baro function is that it is mainly an FSX feature and we "added" something on top it. We also know from the past that there are various FSX problems with the conversion rate between inches and mbar. Additionally we did not change anything in this repspect for 1.15 and I never have such problems - but I am using mbar on my flights only and the FCU settings are done by the Copilot. So I would like you to do / try the following (always using the same value in inches p. e. 29.97):

• Try the same again but this time set the Copilot to ON. Does she enter the same value you entered in the APPR PAGE and is her call repeated?
  • Set the Copilot to OFF and enter the value p.e. 29.97 manually. If this value is not accepted - e. g. her call is repeated - then please change it to 29.96 or 29.98....... and tell me what happens.
  • If the call is repeated just push "B" and tell me what happens.
  • If the call is repeated use the SKIP function....... to shut her OFF.

Regards,

Hanse

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we did not receive any answer I believe that the problem has been solved. So I will close this post as "solved".

Hanse

Archived