Download too big!!!

jimmynes

Why don't you make the download for FSX and P3D separate??. For me it takes over four hours to download something this big and I've already had two failed attempts both over two hours into the download.

Very frustrating!!

Why don't you make the download for FSX and P3D separate??. For me it takes over four hours to download something this big and I've already had two failed attempts both over two hours into the download.

Very frustrating!!

As far as I know, the AXE is not bigger than 890 Megabytes. A popular dl speed is 6000 Kbit/s, i.e. 750 kbytes/s. So let's use our calculator.

750 kbytes in 1 second, 45000 kbytes in 1 minute, 43,94 MByte in 1 minute, and that means... 890 Megabytes in not more than...

20 Minutes.

So, where is your problem? Tell me your dl speed, pls.

PS: With DSL 1000, you'll need 120 minutes. But who on earth is still using DSL 1000? ... OK, 10 years ago, I heard of some people on some very small Caribic Islands, who don't even reach DSL 1000.

But AXE is available as a box. So, you can buy the box and you have no problem.

I know how you feel about slow speeds, I use to have very poor download speeds until I changed provider who is using fiber broadband. It only took me 2-3min to download it today.

Very frustrating!!

You might want to use a free download manager. If you lose your connection, you can still pick it back up from the point that it disconnected.

I know how you feel about slow speeds, I use to have very poor download speeds until I changed provider who is using fiber broadband. It only took me 2-3min to download it today.

Yes. This is our answer for the threadstarter. If he's able to change his dl speed, or, if his provider is too slow he should even change that, he shouldn't have a problem.

But I don't know yet which is his dl speed. There are regions on our planet where dsl is n/a .... !

PS: In Europe, Canada and the USA, there shouldn't be a problem to dl 890 Megabytes within a few minutes!

As far as I know, the AXE is not bigger than 890 Megabytes. A popular dl speed is 6000 Kbit/s, i.e. 750 kbytes/s. So let's use our calculator.

750 kbytes in 1 second, 45000 kbytes in 1 minute, 43,94 MByte in 1 minute, and that means... 890 Megabytes in not more than...

20 Minutes.

So, where is your problem? Tell me your dl speed, pls.

PS: With DSL 1000, you'll need 120 minutes. But who on earth is still using DSL 1000? ... OK, 10 years ago, I heard of some people on some very small Caribic Islands, who don't even reach DSL 1000.

But AXE is available as a box. So, you can buy the box and you have no problem.

Yes I went to school too!!

I live in the middle of nowhere with a download speed of less than half a meg, something I thought ,with your "intelligence", you might have picked up on.

You can leave your Condescension at the door please!!

At my place there is no choice for a faster speed only 200 kB/s on DSL, and now with a new government in Australia looks like this is the speed that I will have to live with.

Actually you are wrong..... under Rudd you would have to wait at least a decade for the NBN ....... under the new government you are looking at 3 years. Where are you......?

Roy

Actually you are wrong..... under Rudd you would have to wait at least a decade for the NBN ....... under the new government you are looking at 3 years. Where are you......?

Roy

I've never been to Australia, and the fact that QF-B744ERs do not longer come to Germany does not really say, please come visit us.

So, what do I know. West of Kingsford Smith Intercontinental there is not much. I second the question 'where are you'.

The big towns are well supported, but this is the same in Germany (cp my HomeAirport)!

I really miss this kangaroo, where are you now:

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6920529&nseq=111

You live in kangaroo country, so, you can say something about the following idea:

QF-B744ERs do no longer come to Germany, so, I'll come to you (LH-B744).

Roy

Yes but we'll only be getting fibre to the node, so speed will on be about 25mpbs( and that's if your close to the node, which I am not) , that speed is fine, it just bothers me that NBN already began in the suburb next to me.

Where am I? Well i'm not in the middle of the desert, but I am under on the main arrival route into Sydney from the south, mainly a320s and 737s. I also hope that there are more international airlines from Europe come to Sydney, I remember when Austrian 777 came, too bad they stopped it now.

Hopefully I haven't gone off topic too much. :)

Try to download from a reliable, speedy server like the Aerosoft FAQ/Updates database.

Use a freeware download manager as advised here in this thread.

And the two installers (FSX and P3D) probably share a good deal of common files, so I guess you wouldn't have much of a benefit from separate installers.

The size difference wouldn't be that much smaller if it was FSX or P3D only, you would probably save less than a few Megabytes at most, hence why it's one installer for both sims. It's all the included liveries/variants that take up all the space.

The files installed in FSX or P3D are exactly the same, they only need to be copied over to a different path.

The size or the installer is not really made bigger by combining FSX and P3D installer. It would only be a few bytes difference (Software freakes don't kill me now) which even at your download speed would be downloaded in just a few seconds.

Hi,

I think the huge installer file size is mostly caused by a lot of liveries which come included with the base pack.

Perhaps if Aerosoft would like to consider separating the base installer and liveries add-on, it could be better.

Regards.

Hi,

I think the huge installer file size is mostly caused by a lot of liveries which come included with the base pack.

Perhaps if Aerosoft would like to consider separating the base installer and liveries add-on, it could be better.

Regards.

This would cause a lot of trouble with many customer then who do not want to download liverys seperatly.

For the moment there is nothing we can do about this, sorry.

Archived