Saving Routes - possible bug?

Hi

Just getting to grips with using PFPX - it certainly has a lot of functionality.

Having an issue with defining routes. If i use the main button to choose the option to define a new route (ie. not opening the route database first), i can successfully fill in the origin and destination airport codes, and PFPX will automatically define the route name (eg. KLAXKIAD01), and when I hit save, it will be saved as such.

However, if i use the main button to go to the route database, and use the "new route" button from the route database window, the new route window opens up the same as before but after completing the origin and destination fields, PFPX fails to fill in the route name (instead leaving it at a default "(No Name)"). I yesterday defined 30 routes this way, which all seemed to save successfully under "No Name" and showed in the route database, however upon leaving PFPX and opening it up again, only one of the "No Name" routes had in fact saved.

I have learnt my lesson with this, and now will only define new routes from the main button itself and do not first open up the route database.

I am running the latest version.

Can anyone re-create/confirm this bug?

Sorry if my description is a bit vague - I am not on my PFPX computer right now.

Thanks

rm2242

• Administrator

Hello rm2242,

i have closed your same question in the german forum with a link to this thread.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/73504-saving-routes-possible-bug/#entry525632

Because it is not good to post the same question at several locations... :) That makes the forum big and confused....

Greets.

Hello rm2242,

i have closed your same question in the german forum with a link to this thread.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/73504-saving-routes-possible-bug/#entry525632

Because it is not good to post the same question at several locations... :) That makes the forum big and confused....

Greets.

Thank you - I posted it there by mistake. My apologies for that - was certainly not intentional.

This issue has been fixed already.

Thanks Christian - to confirm, is this issue fixed in the 1.07 to 1.08 update? I am running 1.07 and am yet to try 1.08.

Appreciate your efforts in ironing out the creases - its a great bit of software.

Hello together,

I tested the scenario described above (First open route manager, then clicking on new route) and I have to say that with V1.08 I was able to reproduce the bug.

post-69239-0-19417300-1380200140_thumb.p

post-69239-0-64138100-1380200193.png

So at least for me, the bug still exists :-(

Greetings,

Sebastian

Hello together,

I tested the scenario described above (First open route manager, then clicking on new route) and I have to say that with V1.08 I was able to reproduce the bug.

So at least for me, the bug still exists :-(

Greetings,

Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian - appreciate you trying this out. Im afraid Christian, I can confirm that after testing 1.08, I too still get this error.

Regards

rm2242

Tried to reproduce the issue several times without luck.

Would need more information like operating system, steps to reproduce, etc...

Ok so...

1. I load PFPX, go to Route Manager > Route Database

2. Click on "New"

3. Populate the starting and ending ICAO code and route, then build it. The box "Route" does not populate with anything and remains blank

4. Press save. Screen reverts to route database with my new route there and the name stated as "(No Name)". Route remains in the database but is not physically saved on my harddrive (only one route named "(No Name)" is physically saved and the rest appear in the database of PFPX only. You cannot open or edit them or even delete them. Closing PFPX and going back in to causes them to disappear from the route database.

Alternative

1. I load PFPX, go to Route Manager > Route Editor

2. Populate the starting and ending ICAO code and route, then build it. The box "Route" this time automatically populates with "(No Name)"

3. Press save. The Save Route window opens, and this time the "Route" field is populates with eg. KLASKEAS01.

4. Press save again and the window closes back to Route Editor. I close this and revert to main screen.

5. I then load up the route database and my new route appears there but with the name stated as "(No Name)". Route remains in the database but is not physically saved on my harddrive (only one route names "(No Name)" is physically saved and the rest appear in the database only. You cannot open or edit them or even delete them. Closing PFPX and going back in to causes them to disappear from the route database.

I cannot figure out what on earth is wrong with this. It makes it totally unusable for me! There was a work around I stated above, but bot methods now result in the same frustration since one of the updates. I am running 1.09, using Windows 7 64bit. I have tried re-installing, running as Administrator, trying on different hard drives, all with no luck.

Appreciate your help.

rm2242

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , with version 1.10 I confirm that the issue still valid ...

Windows 7 64bit , running as admin (always) , ver 1.10 installed directly (no prior versions installed before) .

Just above procedure is used to test , same results .

Currently saving routes is not possible :(

No Christian , :( It happens routes with route section filled ... I tried to save two routes for a domestic flight ;

ESBTZX01 : ILHAN UW71 TEMEL

TZXESB01 : TEMEL UW71 ILHAN

Both gave the same error (No Name) ...

Hope you can solve this soon .

Best wishes

PS : What you mean by (empty) routes btw ? If you mention the name , yes we are not able to put a name for the route , so routing is not important , name field makes the problem I suppose .

Archived