Avoid Etops Planning Question

Hi,

I wanted to plan a flight between Jakarta (WIII) and Perth (YPPH) to recreate a flight I will soon be taking on Garuda (GA724). I started by creating a new aircraft, a Garuda 737-800 as per the aircraft used on the real route. I continued by adding in the real world flight schedule and then moved on to planning the flight. I selected the Garuda aircraft I just created, added a payload and then used the auto route feature to create the flight plan. The route it created was a fairly direct route with a small etops section and due to this I got a warning as I did not add etops certification to the aircraft profile.

I then checked this against the real world flight by using Flightaware. Unfortunately the actually filed route was not available however the route was shown on the map. This showed that the route was more of a "dog legged" path. I assume this is to avoid etops (which suits my aircraft profile).

I tried the auto route feature again however this time I had the disable etops button selected in the menu but the route created was the same with the small etops section although I didn't get the warning this time.

In the end I created the route manually to follow the route I saw on Flightaware however I would have assumed that if I am planning a flight with a non etops aircraft and/or have the disable etops button selected that the auto route would not plan a route with an etops section. Is this working as intended as I couldn't find anything in the manual specifically regarding this?

Regards,
Serge

Archived