Just a quick question

LordDakson

I just purchased this plane and love it to peices, even though im flying it with mouse and keyboard (something i hope to fix next week)

My question to you guys is, i will be getting a joystick with only a single throttle control, and i wanted to ask you guys what would be the easiest and preffered method for controlling the prop Levers using it?

I have fsuipc installed, and i've seen it mentioned, would it be as simple as assigning an button to it in the particular aircraft and tapping the buttons as required?

Love the plane, she's beautiful, can't wait to get back from my holidays to fly her!

thank you in advance

-LordDakson

For a joystick with a single throttle control, I would assign it to the power levers.

The propeller lever I would assign some keys or buttons on the joystick, depending on how many You have available.

Finn.

okay, :) sorry to be a real pain but how would i go about doing that?

i had a look in fsuipc and it was a little confusing to say the least.

know of a guide i could check out

thank you for all your help!

FSUIPC is not a product we sell so the best advise we can give you is to read the FSUIPC manual. To assign buttons in FSUIPC you need the payware version of cause.

Hi,

You are not forced to use the joystick configurated through fsuipc, you can use it nicely without it, and i even recomend you first use it outside of fsuipc. Only very rare situations some addons realy require the axis configurated through fsuipc.

If you use much time fsx and your main objective is pilot prop aircraft i realy recommend you collecting some money and in close future buy a throttle quadrant to have multiple levers to dedicately designate them to engine 1 and 2, prop 1 and 2 and mix 1 and 2.

But all this is a matter of if will be worth depending of the time and wants on piloting prop aircraft.

As Finn told, by now, with a joystick that have only 3 axis (pitch, roll and throttle) you need to use keys for prop control.

Regards

I am getting a joystick with pitch, roll and yaw, as well as a sliding throttle :) Its a logitech pro 3d

If i were to use the FSX or FSUIPC (which i have a registered version of) what input would the propeller RPM be.... Would it be prop pitch? or Mixture??

If so it shouldn't be too hard, i've looked through the twin otters manual and it doesn't say.

Thank you in advance again guys, you are more helpful here than at the AVsim forums 8-)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Okay, so it's the Prop Pitch i need to map to a key, and throttle (power) to the actual throttle.

Actually, the Prop Pitch is already by default mapped to the keyboard keys CTRL-F1 through CTRL-F4. You can use those keyboard keys as it is.

I mention this to avoid confusion about the terminology.

What you might want to do is additionally assign joystick buttons to the Prop Pitch Increase/Decrease.

You can do this in FSX using the menu: settings - controls -buttons, similar to this example:

FSX_UI_01.jpg

Although we helped you now with this here (on the Twin Otter Support forum) I like to stress that this standard FSX knowledge not related to an Aerosoft product. ;)

Although we helped you now with this here (on the Twin Otter Support forum) I like to stress that this standard FSX knowledge not related to an Aerosoft product. ;)

I understand, i should've asked somewhere else. I knew i could bind a button to chance the prop pitch, but i didn't know that was the control used for the twin otters propellor RPM.

So now i know :)

Thank you for helping a newb out, i did say i would be a pain with this question. To you vets it probably seems common sense that the Prop Pitch controls the DHC-6's Prop RPM, but i couldn't work out witch control would be tied to it.

So thank you :) I asked on the AVsim forums but got no response, at least your community is friendly and helpful enough to answer a question that isn't directly related to them.

Archived