This is why i love PFPX, thank you Flightsimsoft

So i was just in my bed feeling kinda bored and decided, to try tinkering around with some routing options in PFPX. I found the results pretty cool and decided to share them with you.

This first one was a Freight flight from KMIA to PAFA, comparing the results of which would be cheaper to operate in terms of fuel cost, the MD11 or the B77F carrying the same payload.

post-29836-0-89626300-1379542598_thumb.j

The route was created with PFPX's auto routing, as i could not find a recent real world route for this city pair. The 2nd and 4th results in the list are auto routes optimized for wind. Result #1 and Result #3 are the exact same route, and Result #2 and Result #4 are the same. As you can see, the obvious choice would be the 2nd result, the B77F wind optimized route, as it burns almost 4,000lbs less fuel than the MD11 and is the fastest, its also better than result #1 in that it is about 4 minutes quicker and uses about 60lbs less fuel!

Now on to the interesting bit.

This second example is a real world Fedex flight FDX303 flown today from KMEM to KMIA, i didnt use wind optimization for this one.

post-29836-0-36804700-1379543151_thumb.j

Now as you can see for this one, i have no idea why, but the MD11 would be the obvious choice as its 4 minutes faster than the B77F and burns around 500lbs less fuel.

I've always enjoyed the flying aspect of flightsim, but always felt as though i was missing out on an equally as big and equally as fun part of it, the planning, its tools like these that squeeze out the extra joy i have been missing out on when flying and i must thank Christian and the team for this amazing and powerful piece of software.

well im off to go fly this KMEM to KMIA route, i was looking forward to flying the B77F but dispatch says its a no no, the MD11 is cheaper :(

Archived