Comments About Malta

rsamuel66

Downloaded Malta, did a couple of flights. It's a decent scenery but nothing to write home about. Good, but not great. If you absolutely must have an airport within a decent rage of Tunisia, Morocco, and the coast of Italy, then, yes, it's probably worth getting. If not, stick with the default or get freeware.

Malta reveals two problems:

1) The increasingly uneven quality of Aerosoft's releases: EDDF was superb, top of the line; a truly realistic feeling airport. Malta feels more like a rush job.

2) The publisher, Simwings, is increasingly falling behind in terms of scenery design. Maybe two years ago what they did was high end stuff, but now, with, say, Fly Tampa's Wien Schwechat or Flight Scenery's Rhode Island, and even Aerosoft's own EDDF and the forthcoming Heathrow, more needs to be done than just slap a few buildings on the tarmac. The airport seems to me to be closer in quality to what Tropicalsim are doing. Overall, the airport looks and feels almost "cartoonish". I saw very few moving ground vehicles, and what I did see seemed to be low-rez and quite blocky (e.g., the busses).

• Aerosoft
Downloaded Malta, did a couple of flights. It's a decent scenery but nothing to write home about. Good, but not great. If you absolutely must have an airport within a decent rage of Tunisia, Morocco, and the coast of Italy, then, yes, it's probably worth getting. If not, stick with the default or get freeware.

Malta reveals two problems:

1) The increasingly uneven quality of Aerosoft's releases: EDDF was superb, top of the line; a truly realistic feeling airport. Malta feels more like a rush job.

2) The publisher, Simwings, is increasingly falling behind in terms of scenery design. Maybe two years ago what they did was high end stuff, but now, with, say, Fly Tampa's Wien Schwechat or Flight Scenery's Rhode Island, and even Aerosoft's own EDDF and the forthcoming Heathrow, more needs to be done than just slap a few buildings on the tarmac. The airport seems to me to be closer in quality to what Tropicalsim are doing. Overall, the airport looks and feels almost "cartoonish". I saw very few moving ground vehicles, and what I did see seemed to be low-rez and quite blocky (e.g., the busses).

Well, Aerosoft is both a reseller/publisher and a developing firm. This product was developed by sim-wings and we only resell it, we had no influence on the development (and that makes us the publisher, not sim-wings of course). We currently sell hundreds of products, just look over at aerosoft.com and you'll see all of them. This list has grown a lot the last year. Now clearly they can not all be of the same quality. When you are a large shop you tend to sell more stuff that people dislike and more stuff that people like. In this resale aspect we are like simMarket, although more picky about what we sell as we normaly create boxed products as well and that market is due its nature more limited. Looking at the total collection we now sell, I would say it always has highlights and products of a more moderate quality, I do not believe this has changed at all. What has changed is the NUMBER and that might make it more obvious. But my local supermarket has beer I like and beers I don't like, so in that aspect it all seems very normal.

We have a standing deal with sim-wings for the distribution of their products and both online and in boxed form they are doing fairly well. Clearly you were not impressed with Malta, sorry to hear that.

Hallo,

I don't have Malta, so I can only comment about the screenshots. But I have lots of other Sim-wings airports. It is just my humble opinion, but I think Sim-Wings is from beginning behind GAP-Team and FlyTampa-Team and of course behind Vauchez.

But they make good sceneries, although Cornel's (the designer of Malta) design technics normaly are fps-hogs. His works of Nice and Cannes are very heavy on fps, and unlandible for me with heavy airplanes like Flight1's ATR and PMDG's 747.

What I miss in Malta especialy is a fototexture-ground. Small islands with MS standard textures look horrible and that's the reason I will not buy Malta. But that's just my opinion.

I like Aerosoft products, but as Mathijes said, there will allways be products one like and one not like. Everyone has his own taste.

By the way, Heathrow will also be made by Sim-Wings (but by Thorsten, another designer of them).

Bernhard