Release: The Islands of Malta

• Aerosoft

I've been there, Malta on all three islands and I can vouch for the fact that this simWings product shows the islands as I seen them. It's real good scenery, good coverage, some nice hidden spots to explore and all for a very reasonable price. Now I could list features, coverage etc, but who cares when you can see the pictures that give you a far better idea of the scenery?

01.jpg

09.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

20.jpg

25.jpg

Now hop over to http://aerosoft-shop.com/ to get the rest of the information and to buy this product. It's good.

Speaking of Malta, a friend of mine is writing a screen play about George Beurling, Canada's top ace during WWII (with 33.3 kills). He got most of them in Malta and had the nick name "Falcon of Malta", as well he was known as "Screwball" to his friends and "Buzz' by the public. George died in a plane crash in Rome in 1948.

The photo is of Bob Middlemiss (left) and George Beurling (right) buying war bonds while with the 403 squad in 1943 (after Malta, they were both with 249 in Malta)

Anyway, I had a chance to sit and talk to Mr. Bob Middlemiss last week, he flew on George's wing in Malta as well as Johnnie Johnson's wing in the UK (JJ was the UK's top ace during WWII).

Bob was also a career RCAF pilot who later flew F-86 and 104's. An amazing man and incredible pilot.

A little flash presentation of Bob amazing career that has a section on Malta. (use the arrow keys to navigate through it).

http://www.virtual-speed.com/stiff/Middlemiss.exe (appox 30MB)

I also shot this amazing video clip of Mr. Middlemiss flying IL-2, it was the first time Bob has sat in a spit in over 50 years (who cares that it is only simulated)!

http://www.virtual-speed.com/stiff/rg_middlemiss_il2.wmv (appox 20MB)

He asked for a copy of the game :wink:

His big complaint was the FOV. He said he couldn't get his bearings, in a real spit you can get a good view of the horizon and the panel, in IL-2 you can't. He also had alot of trouble with the "twist" stick acting as a rudder. My laptop setup was crude to say the least but it got the job done.

I invited him to my home to try my Track IR and CH rudder pedals :twisted:

Bob has a hankering for some Helo flying (he has tried it only a few years back). And asked if I knew of any helo sims.

I think I might have to set him up with MSFS too.

Just.... GREAT!!!

I was also there 6 years ago, but only in Malta.

One of the best things in Malta are certainly the buses.

When you go to Valetta, there are at least 50 buses waiting....

You have to give the driver the "exact fare".

All these Buses come from England and they are quite old.

Also stunning was the fortress of La Valetta, next to the sea with all it's cannons...

Malta is simply a wonderful island.

No to forget the airport, it is also great. And there are many aircraft.

When I watched those screenshots, they brought many memories back to me.

They are as if you would be there!

When you wan't a very realistic scenery, BUY IT!

(Sorry about my English)

Mathjis, you're the best!

• Aerosoft
(Sorry about my English)

Mathjis, you're the best!

Don't make it seem like I spend months on developing the scenery, that's Cornel from wim-wings who done that. We only sell (and support) this product as well as we can. The credit fully has to go to them.

And never apologize for language in our forums, there is only one thing we do not accept at all and that is people making fun of the language of others. For most users English is not their first language and as long as your message is understood the language is perfect.

Good news about that btw, Frennch and Spanish will soon be added next to the German we have now. The English will be split into sections (aircraft/scenery/tools/nonsense etc.

The scenery is horrible on framerates. We really need an update.

Try this,

Go to your C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AerosoftIslands of MaltaMalta_SCScenery directory.

See the file "luqa _cars.bgl"? Re-name it to "luqa _cars.bgl.BAK" and see if this helps the scenery, it gets rid of the 3D cars near the terminal building and brought my fps right back to the top. You might want to rename "luqa _trees.bgl" to a backup file and see if you get any further improvments.

Guest Bert Groner

Hi all together!

Malta is for sure the best scenery Cornel ever made. Congratulations for this outstanding work to him.

In real life Malta is my "second best" Island (the first one is Menorca) and finally it is available for FS 2004. All three islands. A great piece of software. The only thing I miss is the "Blue Lagoon" at the southwestern side of Comino - famous for swimming and diving. But we still flightsimming, not "swinsimming" so I don't complain 8)