Map not showing/loading

Hello,

I have a problem with my laptop and PFPX, the map does not show when I start the program or while I'm using it. I have attached a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Granted my laptop is old and not the best but it does meet minimum requirements. I was wondering if there is a certain program that is needed to show the map.

P.s My desktop works fine with PFPX

post-90470-0-45568800-1379096204_thumb.p

I have the same problem, when I access my XP laptop with VNC remote desktop application. Otherwise I can see the map.

It might be something to do with the way the map is "painted", because: if I take PFPX out of maximized mode and move the window a bit, the map gets painted.

Every time I change something in PFPX, I have to slightly move the PFPX window so the map get re-painted.

OK,

Found the hotfix, but it`s not sorted my problem.

The map display isn`t showing the coastlines.

Is there a setting I need to click onto?

Eddie

Try switching off tripple buffering in your graphic card's control center.

Hello,

maybe i could help you. You will find in the top right corner a button named "style". In the following drop down menu you see an option "Reset windows". That option solved the problem with the missing map for me, which i was facing from time to time.

Bye

Ulf

Ahh okaii it didn't work for me but thanks for trying. I'm starting to think my laptop is just to old to run it properly. I'm thinking of putting Windows 8 on my laptop just to see how it works. I tried Windows 8 Beta on it and it worked well and fast but I wasn't fussed on the interface back then.

If I do try it I will let you know how it works.

Thanks,

Hi to all,

I have the same problem as Jordan, all is just working fine, except to the world map.

It looks like, just the map "picture" is the problem, as I can see the coordinations, the buttons and even to pick the airports from the dead window.

I've tried to do almost everything I found here and in other topics, and still, nothing...

I disabled the Triple Buffering,

Enabled the S3TC

Updated the graphic driver

ReInstall the PFPX....

Changed the windows personalize.

But still the same problem.

My "rig" for the software is:

HP Pavilion DV650

C2D T5250

Intel 965 Express, with the last driver (OpenGL 1.5)

Win7 64bit up to date.

Can someone find me an other solution please? it is depressing

Thank you

Hello,

It seems that I have the same problem. But I have been able to find a possible reason: I have 2 screens and the problem appears only when I'm on dual-screen mode when I launch PFPX.

If I launch PFPX on single-screen mode, the world map is OK; I would then switch to dual-screen mode, the world map would still be OK.

If I launch PFPX on dual-screen mode, I've found no way to make the world map work.

Thanks for your help!

Archived