Can anyone help with AES issue ?

FlyMD

Hello, I downloaded the 2.32 AES and installed it, after instalation I got this message :

AES has detected a SCENERY.CFG in the Virtual Store! This can generate problems With Sceneries!
Should AES copy this file to the FS Main-Path ?
What does it mean and what should I do, it doesnt even see all the AES supported airports in my FS9.
Please help

Does this mean that I should delete FS9 and install it on a different folder ? other than default ?

Because when I press ok in AESHelp, it doesnt correct anything...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Reinstall of FS9 would be too much. I think it is OK, when you turn off UAC, or at least always install and run AES and FSX as Administrator:

- for installing: right click on the exe and choose "Run as Administrator"

- for running: right click on the exe in the corresponding program folder -> properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run as Administrator"

In your specific case, unistall AES and reinstall it as mentioned above.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, for the future you should avoid the default program folder, as Vista/Windows 7 handles this folder in a very restrictive way. Also it is somehow mandatory to run the installers always as Administrator.

Ok thank you again and last question I promise lol

I have only drive C: on my Pc, should I create another drive to install FS, or just a different folder on Drive C would do it ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

No problem. ;)

Of course best would be to have a 2nd drive (slightly better performance), but putting it into a folder named like C:\FS9 or whatever is fine.

Archived