Station "ident" morse code in the Beaver?

prowler

Whenever I fly the Beaver, I get a navaid station Ident sound (Morse code). I've tried whacking at the various radio panel buttons...but the "Idents" are all off and clicking them just adds MORE annoying Morse codes...so it's not the various radio "IDENT" buttons...they are all off and I still hear it. If I knew Morse, I could tell you what the alpha code is...but I have no idea. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that there is no "AVIONICS" switch, and keying "SHIFT+A" is the only way to turn the Avionics on/off? Maybe something else gets turned on when keying that?

I'm going to try the "OLD STYLE" panel and see if it happens with that one.

Any thoughts are appreciated as this is extremely annoying, to say the least.

Hello Prowler,

Can you start FS9 using the default flight at KSEA then change to the Beaver and see if it still happens. Also have you tried using the default key assignments to switch off the idents.

I found it late last night, Shaun.

There were two small files that I downloaded from the Rage3D board...which were supposed to increase performance in D3D games. I had put them in the FS9 root directory, as directed, and then promptly forgot about them. :roll:.

I removed them and there is nothing wrong with the Aerosoft Beaver now. It probably would have done it to any aircraft...if I had tried them.

As a guess, I think these 2 files must have allowed some DX sounds, possibly from the DC3 Airways "Radio Range" install, to play without being "called". That's a W.A.G., on my part :wink:

Thanks!