You promised a good realisation of a twin turboprop...

JanTenner

... and what did I get?

u9bq.jpgGuess what? A single engine one ;)

No, this is not a complaint topic. Today I did a Vatsim flight from Skiatos to Mikonos. I climbed to somewhat over FL150 when I got a call from an active controller who took my whole attention. I did not pay attention to the engine settings which were to high for this altitude when I suddenly heard a ringing in my ear. Well, one engine took fire. Luckily I did know what to do and cut off the engine and so on. I wasnt that far from Mikonos so I decided to carry on. Short story long I did it.

mu48.jpgI made it there and did a soft touch down. Luckily the weather was fine. It was quite a lot of work especially on the final to balance the missing engine but it was very enjoyable.

I love your product know more than I did before. Many aircraft addons show a good behaviour in normal conditions but most dont do in cases like this. The aircraft behave like I would await in single engine operation and the emergency procedures worked like charme. Thats why I have flown this bird in 99% of all my flights since your release. Good job and thanks for this awesome bird :)

Yes, sometimes it's good to be unhappy. Which is good for miserable people as it makes them happy about their miserable existence.

I've done one Vr engine failure take off at max gross and it convinced me to be very happy. Because I didn't sh1t myself.

THAT's realism...

or realsim, if you prefer. :excellenttext_s:

I have had one engine fire and also was able to make a safe landing. I seem to be getting the hang of this wonderful AC but it is still very capable of surprising me time and again. I love how you must pay attention or suffer the consequences.

I hope that in the future we can experience this with a Beaver Extended - then I will be a completely happy VFR bush pilot!

Rick

This must have been a really kickass flight I see. Your graphics are great.

I consider buying the Extended Otter, I'm sure it is equally amazing to the Airbus X.

Just with the difference that the Twin Otter goes further in system simulation as failures or the results or icing are simulated (even visually).

Archived