Networking with two or more computers.

I would like to know if tools such as PFPX, Topcat, Active Sky, EFB, and Pro-ATCX actually have to be installed on the same computer that FSX is, or can they be actually installed on a second computer which does NOT have FSX installed on it, and then simply export everything from the second computer TO the first computer that has FSX install on it? I have already already created a network, and have setup sharing bewteen the computers. In fact rather then share just the appropriate folders, I decided to shared the entire drive that FSX is installed on. EFB seems easy enough from the documentation provided, but all the others are very skimpy on setup, especially networking. I need a simplified for dummies explanation if possible to get this working. Thank you in advance.

PFPX can be run across a network. Just point the exports to where you need.

So I insatall PFPX on the the computer that does NOT have FSX installed on it, and simply export the PFPX flightplan to the aircraft that resides in the FSX simulation? Is this correct? Does that hold true for TopCat as well? Also thanks for the quick response.

Thanks everyone for your quick replies. I have been using one computer, and trying to manage other programs that enhance FSX is very cumbersome, and puts a bigger workload on overall performance of FSX, as you all probably already know. I will give it a try, and see how I make out. Wish me luck. LOL

Archived