Question about "PACKS OFF" takeoff

SierraHotel

On a PACKS off takeoff after gear up at about 1900/2200ft the FO calls pack 1 coming on. This is on a Flaps 1+f config (it also happens with Config's 2&3) at this point I get a master caution light and a "BLEED PACK 2 OFF" warning until the FO calls pack 2 coming which is after the flaps 0 call. I asked around and was told this does not normally happen. Could someone comfirm this? I am using the beta test version of FS2Crew button edition. Thanks in advance guys.

Hello,

this actually is a bug in version 1.10 of the Airbus itself. It has been fixed in an internal build a long time ago and will be released when the next version (1.15) is released.

On a PACKS off takeoff after gear up at about 1900/2200ft the FO calls pack 1 coming on. This is on a Flaps 1+f config (it also happens with Config's 2&3) at this point I get a master caution light and a "BLEED PACK 2 OFF" warning until the FO calls pack 2 coming which is after the flaps 0 call.

Happens IRL as well if the thrust reduction altitude is too high and hence switching on the packs happens too late.

Don't know other procedures but waiting until flap retraction is a bit late IMO as the inhibit function for this caution ends at 1500ft AGL. In our company it's tied to the thrust reduction altitude.

Archived