FS2004 updated to version 9.1 (Lukla requirement?)

Curtis Jarrett

I've been looking at the Lukla scenery and thinking of purchasing it. However it requires the 9.1 update to FS9. I've never installed this update because of problems I've read others were having with it. Could I get some comments on the update and is it for sure a Lukla requirement?

Thank You,

Curtis

• Aerosoft
I've been looking at the Lukla scenery and thinking of purchasing it. However it requires the 9.1 update to FS9. I've never installed this update because of problems I've read others were having with it. Could I get some comments on the update and is it for sure a Lukla requirement?

Thank You,

Curtis

Well, FS9.1 is a lot more stable then FS9 is and too be honest I have never heard of any problem about the update that I consider serious. Lukla takes a lot of memory because of the mesh and textures and it is just in that area that FS9.1 is better. For many project we really have to work on the most updated base and right now FS9.1 is it.

Let me put it this way, you upgrade to FS9.1 and if it gives you a problem (not documented) I'll pay for your Lukla purchase. It's a sucker bet.

Well my 2 cents worth.

I procrastinated on installing the 9.1 update. Everything had worked like a charm on my system so I had preferred to just let a dead dog lie.

But, I recently made some purchases (Freight Dogs, Casablanca, VFR Berlin, ActiveSky etc. etc.)

So I did the dreaded update and didn't have even *one* problem with it.

Everything in my FS installation still works like a charm and the update was as easy as pie to do.

It was a requirement for Freight Dogs, not sure about the other apps though.

Anyway, my experience was 100% with the update. If I'd know it was that easy to do, I would have done it ages ago.

Puppy