LUKLA

denbroeder

Apart from being a great scenery it is a bit of a problem

As long as i select LUKLA2 i get find myself on the ramp of the airfield. If i select LUKLA as placed when installing FS2004 i find my plane doing the boogy woogy between some rocks and mountains.

Taxieing to the runway however is a big problem. Upon crossing the white line of the runway the aircraft (any aircraft) takes a tumble as if the runway lies 1 feet below the ramp.

Makes it kinda impossible to line up but, in retrospect, it enriches my view of Short Take off and Landings because that 'speedbump' makes you end up in one of the houses next to the (other side of) the runway. And would you believe it. NO COFFEE.

Anybody else have this problem???

Is there a solution to it???

Thanks in advance

Mario

As long as i select LUKLA2 i get find myself on the ramp of the airfield. If i select LUKLA as placed when installing FS2004 i find my plane doing the boogy woogy between some rocks and mountains.

How about reading the manual?

The default airport ID VNLK can't be used anymore because this default entry conflicts with the sloped runway. We had to attach a "new" Lukla airport you should use. The ID is VNL2 and the name is "Lukla (Addon)”. So always use that one in the Goto Airport menu.

Sascha

Manuals, thats a good idear but im not that much a fan of it. I wanne download take a plane and fly into the mountains. Still dont think the manual warns for the speedbump.