Installation problem

pontiuspilotus

I am having problems trying to install version 1.04 Twotter Extended in Windows 7 SP1. My error message is the following:

Error Code: -5001 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (142)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.10.9200.16660

I tried all sorts of compatibility models (Windows XP/Vista/Win 7) while running as Administrator but have not had any luck. This is a bit frustrating. Any pointers? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I tried many different things before installing but no luck thus far, i.e.

1) Booted in clean mode.

2) Disabled firewall and anti virus.

3) Used FIXIT.

4) Ran in compatibility mode for XP and Vista.

5) Ensured that I ran as Administrator before installing.

6) Ensured Windows Installer service is running.

The problem seems to be in the Installshield setup launcher program, which I assume is some sort of "wrapper" for setup.exe. Not sure what to do right now; there seems to be reports of the same problem by users installing other programs but I have not found a fix yet.

A fresh install of Windows 7 by any chance?

If so, then the reason is that the cumulative updates won't have caught up yet and it might take a couple of days to get all the updates installed before the installation routine will work.

You can sit there refreshing the Windows Update page to speed things along but it still takes hours, not minutes.

Finally figured this out. A re-download fixed this. Who would have thunk that the installer was corrupted? Probably has something to do with the fact that I used a download manager and some of the chunks that were merged were missing. But it sure wasn't apparent since the executable looked more or less complete.

Thanks. Now to get on with the flying. :)

Archived