Beech 18 CD Player

Curtis Jarrett

I purchased the new Beech 18 recently and really like it. All is working fine, except the CD player. Has anyone else had this same problem? I really like the feature and would like to use it. I,m running Windows 2000. Thanks for any help at all. I have read the manual.

Curtis

Has anyone had any problems with the CD player using Windows 2000?

Thanks again for any help. I've used the AM/FM CD player in the past by R.L. Clark; seems this player would work pretty much the same.

Curtis

• Aerosoft
Hi Paul,

I installed NET 2.0. Would that be OK? Also following the manual, it refers to removing the player cfg. file. I'm alittle confused. Thanks for any more help.

Curtis

Could you tell us exactly what happens when you try the player?

Thanks Mathijs for your help. I've studied the Inflight Entertainment section, and tried the recommendations for the CD player. The aircraft and flight loads with no problem. I can fly all I want. All systems work great. Then when I go to the CD player and try to turn it on or select a music file, everthing freezes except aircraft sound. The only way to get out is by the "Esc" key, then end flight. I get an error message, then the sim restarts. Could this be a cfg. problem somewhere? Any direction would be great.

Curtis

• Aerosoft
Thanks Mathijs for your help. I've studied the Inflight Entertainment section, and tried the recommendations for the CD player. The aircraft and flight loads with no problem. I can fly all I want. All systems work great. Then when I go to the CD player and try to turn it on or select a music file, everthing freezes except aircraft sound. The only way to get out is by the "Esc" key, then end flight. I get an error message, then the sim restarts. Could this be a cfg. problem somewhere? Any direction would be great.

Curtis

Yes, it could be a CFG problem. The mp3 player has limited error capture to limit memory load so when the cfg contains a link to a folder or file that does not exists anymore there could be problems. Try deleting the [fs2004maindir]/aerosoft/beech18/mp3Player.cfg file.

If it is not that I like to know more about your system because them we have an issue we have not seen before.

Mathijs,

No joy. I went into the FS9 main folder and under Aerosoft, Beech 18, deleted the CD player cfg. file: [fs2004maindir]/aerosoft/beech18/mp3Player.cfg file. The original file only had a column of numbers in it. After deleting the file and trying the player everything froze again. When I went back to the Aerosoft folder another cfg. had been created on its own with nothing in it. I guess I'm deleting it correctly, but something is wanting to re-create another file. ???

Curtis

• Aerosoft
Mathijs,

No joy. I went into the FS9 main folder and under Aerosoft, Beech 18, deleted the CD player cfg. file: [fs2004maindir]/aerosoft/beech18/mp3Player.cfg file. The original file only had a column of numbers in it. After deleting the file and trying the player everything froze again. When I went back to the Aerosoft folder another cfg. had been created on its own with nothing in it. I guess I'm deleting it correctly, but something is wanting to re-create another file. ???

Curtis

It will automatically create a cfg file on startup, that's normal. But your lockup is not normal. We checked around a bit and we are now sure that some of thet .net stuff on your system is not working correctly. I would suggest to de-install and re-install that.

Has anyone had any problems with the CD player using Windows 2000?

Thanks again for any help. I've used the AM/FM CD player in the past by R.L. Clark; seems this player would work pretty much the same.

Curtis

Wish OS you have on your system Curtis?

Succes

Janber

• Aerosoft
Mathijs, thanks for the time you are taking to help me work through this problem I'm having. What is the ".net stuff" you're refering to? Un-install and re-install?

Thanks,

Curtis

No problem Curtis, that's what we are here for.

The CD player actually is a small program that is started from within FS, but is further handled by the OS. This allows the application to use so little resources as it does, even with a heavy compressed MP3 file, your framerate hardly suffer (if at all).

Now Microsoft offers a few options for that, like Java (reluctantly, lol), Visual Basic and the most modern, the .net suite. This is a set of modules in the the OS that stand between the application and the os/hardware. For example the programmer can say 'open file this and that' whout having to write all the code needed to actually do it all. We believe that the .net files on your system are not in order.

In the Add or Remove programs controll application you will probably find at least some things with the name 'Microsoft .NET blablabla'. I suggest you remove those one by one and reboot (but before make a System Restore Point). And then re download an re install the .NET framework x86 from http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/dow...es/default.aspx

Please do not ask me why MS makes it so hard, I never understood why getting a net DirectX is so easy and getting a .NET set of files is so hard.

Thanks so much Mathijs, your instructions are very clear. Thanks for taking the time. When I get a chance I'll follow your recommendations step by step. I'll let you know the outcome.

Thanks again for excellent support,

Curtis

Could someone please tell me about the CD player in their Beech 18? I've tried the above recommendations. I appreciate all the input. All the buttons will depress on the CD players face, except when you depress the directory button all freezes. I have to "Esc" to get out, then I get an error message. When you select the stop/play button does the face light up on the player? Also when you select the stop/play button are the sample MP3 files suppose to play or do you still have to use the directory button to load them? Could someone also show me their CD player cfg. file contents, so I can compare with mine. This is a great aircraft as usual from Aerosoft and I just purchased the Lukla scenery to try with it. What a challenge! Just wish I could get all features up on my B18. I've been working on this all week and today I need to get out and mow my yard here in south Texas before my wife grounds me or clips my wings. Anything would be greatly appreciated on any of the above; esp. how the CD player is supposed to work.

Have a great day all,

Curtis

• Aerosoft
Could someone please tell me about the CD player in their Beech 18? I've tried the above recommendations. I appreciate all the input. All the buttons will depress on the CD players face, except when you depress the directory button all freezes. I have to "Esc" to get out, then I get an error message. When you select the stop/play button does the face light up on the player? Also when you select the stop/play button are the sample MP3 files suppose to play or do you still have to use the directory button to load them? Could someone also show me their CD player cfg. file contents, so I can compare with mine. This is a great aircraft as usual from Aerosoft and I just purchased the Lukla scenery to try with it. What a challenge! Just wish I could get all features up on my B18. I've been working on this all week and today I need to get out and mow my yard here in south Texas before my wife grounds me or clips my wings. Anything would be greatly appreciated on any of the above; esp. how the CD player is supposed to work.

Have a great day all,

Curtis

Curtis, from your mail I understand that my tips did not solve the problem. The actual use of the player is rather simple as explained in the manual, the only non obvious thing is the selection of the folders;

• Previous will select the previous song in the selected folder

• Stop/Play will start and stop the MP3 player

• Pause will pause the MP3 player

• Next will play the….. right, we knew you would understand this one by now!

• Directory will open a selection box that allows you to select an folder on your system that will be scanned for MP3 files.

• Volume, the large volume knob will allow you to set the volume.

• Previous will select the previous song in the selected folder

• Stop/Play will start and stop the MP3 player

• Pause will pause the MP3 player

• Next will play the….. right, we knew you would understand this one by now!

Directory will open a selection box that allows you to select an folder on your system that will be scanned for MP3 files.

• Volume, the large volume knob will allow you to set the volume.

I again checked the database, but we have no other support issues about the player.