Flight Plan Details

First let me congratulate you guys on the production of a magnificent flight planning program. PFPX coupled with TopCat is a great combination and all that a sim pilot could wish for. Not only does it provide all the detail required to get your aircraft from A to B in a very professional and realistic manner but it provides the added interest of how an airline despatcher does his job.

I have two requests regarding the flight plan itself - a) on the front page of the Flight Briefing Package can you insert a space between the airline code and the airline call sign to make this detail more readable. and B) I use a lot of British Airways aircraft in my fleet each with a call sign of Speedbird. Can the field width for that item be increased from 8 to say 10 to accommodate longer names.

Once again thanks for such an enjoyable program.

Scotfree

Hi Scotfree,

The templates of the Flight plan Documents can be changed completely to your liking.

You can find the Templates under (Documents/PFPX Data/Flight Plan Templates) from there you will just have to modify the template text file to your liking or download any of them from the downloads section. I believe there is a BA one listed there that is modeled to reflect the real BA OFPs.

Hi Dreagan,

Thanks for the reply. I had already found the template in the location you mentioned and have indeed modified some parts to my liking but I could not find the section that includes the front page of the Flight Briefing Package. If you know where it is I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Scotfree

Hi Scotfree,

The templates of the Flight plan Documents can be changed completely to your liking.

You can find the Templates under (Documents/PFPX Data/Flight Plan Templates) from there you will just have to modify the template text file to your liking or download any of them from the downloads section. I believe there is a BA one listed there that is modeled to reflect the real BA OFPs.

Archived