Disapointed.. or maybe i'm doing it wrong

I'm using Navigraph's 1309. Quick find does not find a route, if I choose to find using upper airspace I get the same as before (69% longer than great circle distance).

I just tried to find the route using the competitor of PFPX that I used until the release of PFPX. With the same Navigraph cycle it produces the correct route while PFPX continues to produce too long a route.

Hi Tobias,

the title of this thread is maybe a bit misleading. We are talking here about problems (as far as I am concerned) in the Canadian airspace, and only problems related to the automatic route finder of PFPX. It appears to me that the majority of routes work fine also with Navigraph data -- if someone disagrees with this statement please correct me.

I am one of the guys who are affected by these problems and I nevertheless love PFPX. From a educational perspective, having no (or a bad) automatic route finder is better because you have to think about your route rather than just acknowledge it. Overall, PFPX is an amazing program.

From a commercial perspective, an automatic route finder that fails in a non-negligible number of cases is of course not desirable, which is why I am confident that this problem will be resolved. It is a bit ironic that you only realize how unimportant finding the lateral route automatically is for a flight planner when you know more about flight planning, and PFPX taught me a lot in this respect.

Cheers,

Peter

Apparently no SID is found for CYYT, so using auto I get

ZNF R14 QY G4 JT BR4 YHR BR1 BX RR2 AY RR5 YMH AR28 YAY NATY GISTI DCT EVRIN N34 NEXAT L175 CRK N160 KURUM KURU2E

The route is much longer (67%!!) using NG1309

Torben

Hi Jarkko,

so one correct flight plan with Aerosoft (yours) and one wrong plan with Navigraph (mine). We need

more data to see what's going wrong here. Everyone who reads this, can you please auto-create a route

CYYT to EINN and let us know

(i) if the length of the route is not much (<10%) longer than DCT, and

(ii) which AIRAC provider you use?

Cheers,

If you force it to route via YYT VORTAC it will give a better route without all the LF/MF airways zig zagging all over! Go to edit route and use YYT AUTO or AUTO+ in the route string. However, I don't see why the system can't do this itself when vecotr departures aren't included (as with the NG data, apparently) I mentioned in this thread one possible solution:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/73002-auto-routing-for-non-sidstar-airports/?hl=%2Bsid+%2Bstar

Here is an example of the table for CYYT, so I hope something similar can be done in PFPX (unless another way is found) to force it to route out of the aiport via these points. This system will route all departures out of CYYT via one of the points below unless the user inputs their own route.

CYYT Departure Procedures SID Name Transition Fix Distance (nm) Waypoints ATLAN ATLAN 185 ATLAN CYMON CYMON 154 CYMON VIXUN VIXUN 47 VIXUN YJT YJT 244 YJT YQX YQX 105 YQX YYT YYT 9 YYT

Archived