Copyright violation?

Robert S

Hi Aerosoft members,

Well all of us here on the board know that Mathjis is very protective of copyrighted Aerosoft products, as he rightfully should be...

So, I am not trying to be a thorn in the side, but did anyone check to see whether reproducing an image from a Tin Tin book for use in a commercial product is a violation of copyright laws? There is obviously a picture of the yeti used from "Tin Tin In Tibet" in the flight description in the Aerosoft flights...

I hope this is not considered petty but I feel that Mathjis would never do something like this intentionally if this is indeed an infringement and would want the matter corrected asap. If no infringement has occurred, then no harm no foul! I love the product (but I haven't found the yeti yet!!!)

By the way, I am a collector of Tin Tin books and know them all by heart!

• Aerosoft
Hi Aerosoft members,

Well all of us here on the board know that Mathjis is very protective of copyrighted Aerosoft products, as he rightfully should be...

So, I am not trying to be a thorn in the side, but did anyone check to see whether reproducing an image from a Tin Tin book for use in a commercial product is a violation of copyright laws? There is obviously a picture of the yeti used from "Tin Tin In Tibet" in the flight description in the Aerosoft flights...

I hope this is not considered petty but I feel that Mathjis would never do something like this intentionally if this is indeed an infringement and would want the matter corrected asap. If no infringement has occurred, then no harm no foul! I love the product (but I haven't found the yeti yet!!!)

By the way, I am a collector of Tin Tin books and know them all by heart!

We discussed this indeed and it was an issue. But I hope to escape problems by pointing at the thousands of simular cases, online and in print. Fs is riddled with issues like this. Many architects have image rights on their buildings and it is not legal to show them. Names like Boeing and Airbus are copyrighted and to use them requires paying rights, if we show a Hummer in a scenery we would be violating other rights. Most of these issues are solved by laws that have different names and very different interpretations in countries.

Of course we'll remove it if it is an issue, we'll replace it with a different texture. For now I believe the Yeti shown would be considered an hommage to one of the most celebrated cartoonists around.

Ok, just thought I would bring it up as it certainly does not offend me.

Also, I would love to consider it an homage to the great Herge, who I think was an absolutely brilliant storyteller and illustrator!

Hey all,

I think Mathjis has certainly checked things out as far as copyright infringment for a little addon hey if it makes the scene then soooo be it. but i know Mathjis wouldnt check thing's out before going ahead with stuff.

that's my point of view :D

Richard