Question for Aerosoft on available products

pillsb

Hello Mathijs

I just have a couple questions please as I plan my FS add-on "budget". As Aerosoft is in my top 2 or 3 "preferred retailers", I'm just trying to understand one or two things. Given it's entirely the prerogative of Aerosoft to run its business any way it sees fit and disclose or not disclose certain things, I certainly understand if you choose not to answer with any specifics! :wink:

1.) Once you make the individual airports such as Toulouse part of a package e.g. France 2, is the product no longer available as a "singles" download from Aerosoft? I would like to purchase Toulouse, however, I already have Paris CDG, so I'm debating whether to purchase France 2 so I can have Toulouse. While I realize I also get Biarritz with France 2, it's still slightly a bit of a strange feeling to be re-purchasing something you already have -- EVEN IF it's a better "deal" in the end.

2.) Understanding that development for particular projects is subject to a thousand different factors, is there any kind of rule of thumb you can share as to when products that debut as a single download will be included in a bundle package? (ie. 4 months, 6 months, 9 months etc) Or is it pretty much a decision you make on the fly as various projects get completed? You definitely have a good model from a business perspective: those people who want to have the latest & greatest (e.g. Casablanca) can get it, those that want to wait for it for it to be in a bundle can do that. The reason I haven't yet purchased Casablanca is because I'm kind of holding out for information as to whether it too will be part of a bundle in the next 6 months. Again, if you don't want to give out "state secrets" I fully understand, just trying to make sensible purchasing decisions for myself.

I know I can get some of these singles on Simmarket, but I prefer to buy direct from Aerosoft because the online shopping experience is in my opinion somewhat superior. Your e-commerce site is "cleaner" as compared to Simmarket with a better overall layout, shopping cart etc.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Best regards

BP

• Aerosoft
Hello Mathijs

I just have a couple questions please as I plan my FS add-on "budget". As Aerosoft is in my top 2 or 3 "preferred retailers", I'm just trying to understand one or two things. Given it's entirely the prerogative of Aerosoft to run its business any way it sees fit and disclose or not disclose certain things, I certainly understand if you choose not to answer with any specifics! :wink:

1.) Once you make the individual airports such as Toulouse part of a package e.g. France 2, is the product no longer available as a "singles" download from Aerosoft? I would like to purchase Toulouse, however, I already have Paris CDG, so I'm debating whether to purchase France 2 so I can have Toulouse. While I realize I also get Biarritz with France 2, it's still slightly a bit of a strange feeling to be re-purchasing something you already have -- EVEN IF it's a better "deal" in the end.

2.) Understanding that development for particular projects is subject to a thousand different factors, is there any kind of rule of thumb you can share as to when products that debut as a single download will be included in a bundle package? (ie. 4 months, 6 months, 9 months etc) Or is it pretty much a decision you make on the fly as various projects get completed? You definitely have a good model from a business perspective: those people who want to have the latest & greatest (e.g. Casablanca) can get it, those that want to wait for it for it to be in a bundle can do that. The reason I haven't yet purchased Casablanca is because I'm kind of holding out for information as to whether it too will be part of a bundle in the next 6 months. Again, if you don't want to give out "state secrets" I fully understand, just trying to make sensible purchasing decisions for myself.

I know I can get some of these singles on Simmarket, but I prefer to buy direct from Aerosoft because the online shopping experience is in my opinion somewhat superior. Your e-commerce site is "cleaner" as compared to Simmarket with a better overall layout, shopping cart etc.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Best regards

BP

Good questions!

First of all, there is no general rule to IF or WHEN a product will become part of a bundle. For Casablanca for example, the discussions have gone no further then what you have seen here on the forums, we have not even discussed it here in the offices. Nothing will happen with that one for 8 months ate least (if anything will happen at all). Bundles are always created to match the online products to boxed products and the creation of boxed products depends a lot on what the distributors demand.

Now, on the single airports. Actually they are still available on the shop and they are still available for sale. They are just no longer listed because we don't like to end up as a clone of simMarket, we like to limit the amount of products we sell. We never had Biarritz in the shop btw, but Toulouse is at http://aerosoft-shop.com/product_info.php?products_id=108 . If you need any others just let me know here and I'll be glad to send the urls.