Problem fixing plans when update AIRAC: and a Hang!

I am using PFPX 1.04, but whilst feeling my way in it I hadn't updated to the current Navdata release (1309) so it was still using 1302. I'd generated and released some plans using this, and decided to go for flights today using them. But first, because the NavData in my CDU etc is up to date, I updated the PFPX navdata.

Of course when I told it to compute new plans based on my originals it did --- but it flagged it as still using 1302 data. Fair enough, I thought, I've not cleared the old routes and told it to find new ones. So I cleared the routes (main and alternate) and told it to find new ones, which it duly did.

But after computing the flight it STILL said it had routes using 1302, not 1309. I don't understand that because it was a completely different route it planned this time, and the status bar definitely shown 1309 in use!

So in desperation I tried using the reset button (to "reset all flight data back to default values" as it says). Big mistake! It hung with the busy pointer, and the status line showing the hourglass and "updating runways". I left it a decent time (around 20 minutes) just to make sure it wasn't simply a huge task I'd given it. the ESCapae buttin did nothing, unlike what the Documentation says, so it was really well and truly hung. I terminated the process using Task Manager.

On reload i deleted all signs of my previous attempts at route making and started from scratch. This time it worksed and did use 1309. But surely I shouldn't need to do that for already planned and released flights every time i update the data?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something which explains the data discrepancy (perhaps I always need to use "New" after changing NavData?), but certainly the Hang is a bug.

Best Regards

Pete

Pete, sorry to come back to you so late. We've indeed been pretty busy during the first week of PFPX with server issues etc.

The mentioned message just indicates that a route was built with a different database cycle than the one presently in use.

Is it possible that you used a route built with the outdated navdata for alternate planning?

Or did you maybe plan the flight with the old navdata, updated the database and worked on the flight again?

Will check for the 'Reset' button.

Archived