sid and star in flightplan

Hi,

love the program but there is one issue i can't solve.

When planning a route, the sid and stars are automatically selected and embedded in the flight plan. That is something i don't want. I want to select the sid and star when i get the information from ATC in the cockpit.

Has anybody a simple way to accomplish this.

Regards

Rene

Hi Rene,

you will find a similar threat down here. Sid´s and Star´s are included into the calculated FP, but PFPX will not export this waypoints into FS9/X and addons like iFly or PMDG. Some user would like to have a button added to include or exclude Sid/Star - just like FSBuild (see discussion there), but for me it is fine to have all information about Sid and Star for a planned route on the screen but not as part of the exported files.

Regards,

Kurt

EHEHEDFF.txt

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the quick reply. What i understand from your reaction is that when the flightplan is exported to the PMDG NGX the sid and stars are excluded, well in my case that isn't so.

I just made a quick short flightplan EHEH-EDDF it is CMFU validated and i exported it as a PMDG NGX flightplan. When i look in this file, using notepad++, i see that the sid LNO4K (runway 21) is incuded in this flightplan EHEHEDDF.rte . And this is what i don't want, because when i load the plan in the CDU the SID LNO4K is also loaded.

I include the flight plan from the NGX as an attachment so you can see the SID is included in he flightplan after the export.

When i tried to attach the EHEHEDFF.rte file i got the message "You are not permitted to upload this kind of file" so i'll made a txt file from it EHEHEDDF.txt, but this is the actual rte file

Am i forgetting something or doing something wrong when creating the flightplan??

PS I made the flightplan with the route editor.

Regards

Rene

Hi Kurt

I've found a workaround for my problem.

steps i took.

1, start route editor.

2 fill the From field with EHEH

3. fill the To field with EDDF

4. press the Find button on he tab and click Advanced

5 click find and the route will be calculated. the sid and start are filled

6. remove the runway field.

in the route field at the bottom the LNO4K and LNO have dissapeared.

7.Put LNO in the route field as the first waypoint the line changes color

8. press build and the oute is build without the sid LNO4K or LNO4J

The same can be don for the star.

It isn't maybe the best solution bt it works for me.

Thanks

Regards

Rene

update does not work in 1.05 nomore

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply.

I was looking for something like that, but could not find it. Will give it another try.

My compliments for your wonderfull program.

Regards

Rene

Hi Christian,

Please tell me where the selection "no sid/star" is in the route editor.

When i open the route editor and create a route i fill the "From" and "To" field with the airport codes, I don't select runway sid or transition. The only option after ths is to click the "Find advanced" tab. In the window what opens i don't see anything where i can select no sid/star field. When i click find in this window the window closes and the route with sid and star are displayed.

Knowhere i see a selection no sid/star. What am i missing???

Regards

Rene

Just a thought as I only have the manual not the program at present but on the Route Editor page (page 33 of the manual) should you not just click the drop boxes under SID/DP and STAR and select NONE (or whatever the null form is) ? Excuse me if this is incorrect.

Hi William,

You are right.

Instead of selecting the null form in the SID/DP and STAR box, i selected the null form in the Runway box, and then it apparently goes wrong.

So thank you very much for your help.

Regards, Rene

Archived