PFPX PMDG export 777

Hello,

I'm on my maiden 777 flight from DXB to LAX. I created my route, exported it to FSX, then to PMDG.

Loaded my AS2012 and enterend the plan. Copied the winds and made a wx file for PMDG.

But when I load the plan in the 777, the destination becomes a waypoint in the route instead of KLAX.

I can change the airport manually, but I think that is why it will then not accept my wind request anymore.

This is only on my first try. Have to try again to see if there's a problem at the 777 end, reading a good export, or that the PFPX export is not suitable for the 777 or if it was a one time anomaly.

Have any of you seen this before?

Regards,

Xander

My guess is a random anomaly. I've done 3 777 exports and one didn't work. I'm going to look at the rte file and see if there's any differences from the 2 that worked.

Rob

I can't see any differences in the rte files. Structure looks the same, just tried loading that one route again and the same error. Oh well, time for another flight :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My PFPX place the .rte fies in PMDG/Flightplans.

But it must be in PMDG/Flightplans/NGX or /777.

U can do this manualy util PFPX fix this.

You do realise that as a user you can edit the path and save it thus meaning your subsequent plans go to where you want them to.

Hi there.

Can you help me to realize how can I edit the path to save routes for PMDG? I looked at the manual and was unable to find it. When I try to save route PFPX saves it by default in PFPX folder and even if I drag that file to PMDG folder FMC does not see it.

Thanks for looking.

PFPX is exporting the route as a .RT2 file, and the PMDG 777 needs it to be a .RTE file. Where as the old PMDG 747 etc accept RT2 files.

So you need to modify the NGX output to go to the 777 folder then you will have .RTE routes going into your 777 flightplans, but then need to change it again if outputting for NGX.

What we need is the exporter to contain ability to either allow custom entries .ie allowing you to add export fields for multiple products, PMDG, NGX, 777 etc. and then set a folder for each.

Or they just add another field for 777.

My PFPX place the .rte fies in PMDG/Flightplans.

But it must be in PMDG/Flightplans/NGX or /777.

U can do this manualy util PFPX fix this.

That's simply not true. My first flight with the 777 was LAX to SYD and the route exported from PFPX resided in PMDG'S Flightplans folder. The FMC read it just fine. You just have to pay attention to the naming convention. The file was called KLAXYSSY01.rte and therefore you have to type in KLAXYSSY01 into the CO Route.

This is getting a little off topic. The original poster doesn't have any problem finding the route. His problem is that the whole route loads, except for the destination.

As to that problem, I built an omdb-klax route and it loaded into the cdu just fine.

I do have my own specific export issue which I might create a post for soon. Still testing some theories.

Wonder if the original poster can comment as to if he is still having problems?

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

HI

went throught above subeject and ive faced some similar issue, the main issue is to run PFPX as administrator otherwise it won't work. second is to chose doc path in PMDG / flight plan only no need to specify wether it is 777 or NGX

regarding winds, you need to get flight plan from fsx and you import it from the AS2012 to get the wind after proceeding you get the wind you remove the first line and copy and paste in note pad and you place in PMDG/WX, it should be inly one file there. after u open yr pmdg 777 load light plan, check wind and load them it will work perfectly

bye

When you export a PMDG flight plan from PFPX, use the 'NGX' export-function in the PFPX export GUI and make sure it's path is set to ..\FSX\PMDG\Flightplans (ONLY - no subfolder). FP's import as CO routes for both the NGX and T7 right from this PMDG 'flightplans' folder. The 737 and/or 777 subfolders are only used when you save the respective route FROM the FMC, usually after you've added SID/STARS, corrections etc. There is no requirement to save a modified FP from the FMC however, it's just another feature.

Archived