PMDG 777 Out

Rónán O Cadhain

well it´s better to take a brake and keep the storm end.. as it´s clear it would go down when so many get the news for those projects.. try to think how many orders thats gona be send as well as download speed might slow down quick..

i fact some times it could be funny to se statistic howe it´s gona react the servers at a curve when such a company release as i know there are many it seems at 1 point but still small compaired to game like GTA 5 try think if all ver the world that game should be activated nearly at the same time... boom

I've just tried to "land" at precision manuals, and I was sucessful. It's always a guess, but when bigger parts of Europe have gone to sleep, the servers got a little time to take a breath.

90 US-$, i.e 69 Euros for the B772LR, that must be a fair price. I didn't test the offer, but I am an enthusiastic pmdg customer, and they sell a B744, which still is part of my daily 5 minutes of smile.

I tried for over an hour until it finally worked.

So, You are a 777 enthusiast? My wish would rather be a 748i update for my B744X, with precise flight dynamics of course. ^_^

Did you both, Emi and Nuno, try it directly at precision manuals? Their site is available, at least for me.

So, You are a 777 enthusiast? My wish would rather be a 748i update for my B744X, with precise flight dynamics of course. ^_^

Did you both, Emi and Nuno, try it directly at precision manuals? Their site is available, at least for me.

I actually would prefer the 747 myself, but the 777 is also a very nice airplane!

There is a saying out there: "A pilot always loves exactly the plane he flies"

How true that is :)

Yes, I bought it at the PMDG website. The problem was not the website itself, but the shop system itself didn't work.

I actually would prefer the 747 myself, but the 777 is also a very nice airplane!

How true that is :)

Yes, I bought it at the PMDG website. The problem was not the website itself, but the shop system itself didn't work.

Ok, mate. ^_^

But, oh Lord help us, there are the first A.S. members who complain about the price... What can we say to calm them?

I'd say, a pmdg a/c is not a toy. So, don't expect a price that you know from "monopoly" or from any other board game.

There are steps that should be taken before you buy a pmdg a/c. In case of myself that was flying the fs9 default jets (737, 747) since the year 2004. That was followed by the fsx default jets (737, 747). And that was followed by CLS B747-200 fsx, which since a couple of years is my avatar, to name a few. And that was followed by pmdg B744X...

And there are still forum members (especially in the German forum section) who take this forum thing very serious. Please don't take me all too serious, if that helps

you. :D

True, true. I've piloted a lot of different aircraft in the MFS series and as long as they were top shelf developments, I did enjoy them all.

As for the brand new PMDG 777, yes, the price tag is very high. Though it depends on individuals if it can be called 'too much' or 'I would pay twice more'.

We have different levels of income and wealth and different amounts of money possible to invest in this (not understood by most wives) hobby.

To be perfectly honest, I am personally not a big fan of Boeings, as Airbus has always been my main choice of interest when it comes to airliners.

But, as we all know, since the MFS series was born and developed in the USA, boeing addons have always dominated our sim and so our simming time.

Now, the preference of an aircraft's real world manufacturer is not the same as the preference of the aircraft's FS developer, as quality levels can and do differ much.

It is a commonly known fact that companies like Majestic Software, Leonardo, Digital Aviation, iFly (we must admit they have gone a long way and deserve high recognition) and PMDG make top notch simulations.

Myself, belonging to the crowd of so called hardcore simmers, require complex simulation to enjoy simming. That's the way it is and there is nothing I can do to help it (lol).

So, as much as I would love to have a top notch A340 or A380 for my long haul flying (yes, I love '4 engines 4 long haul'), I am considering the purchase of PMDG 777.

Even though the initial offer/price does not include the most commonly (at least in Europe) used 200ER and 300(ER). Will need to pay extra for those in future, I guess.

All in all, not really my choice of aircraft and definitely a very strong punch in my family wallet, but this is a hardcore simulation, which is just what some tigers like most. ;)

One more valid point is the free time we have for simming. 777 is a long haul aircraft. Of course I can use time compression, but I do not like it. I can also fly circuits or commute between Cracow and Berlin if I wish.

But this is not the way I treat simulation. I make such routes, as in reality, on MS Dash Q400 or AS A320. So, in my eyes, the 777 is for long hauls (minimum the 6 hour hops from Europe to Dubai).

And I do not really have time for that. So initially I automatically crossed this addon out of my to-buy list. But then I stumbled upon a forum post about a neat feature of custom time compression this bird is going to offer.

And it has intrigued me again (a smart move from the PMDG team) because I love new revolutionary features developers offer, like the MS Q400's out-of-FSX FDE or Aerosoft AXE's audio checklists for example.

So, I do understand the excitement which accompanies releases like this.

It is better. Not a revolution, but a noticeable improvement.

Confirmed. I get roughtly 4 to 5 frames more with it than with the NGX. Somehow comparable to our Airbus Extended I think.

Im buying tomorrow now im finished giving all our hard earned cash to the Greek bars and tavernas! (Was well worth it though :))

Time to hit the sim after a nice break.

Archived