Is not possibile to add in the next version the possibilty to choose the Cost Index?

For example Easyjet use 5 or 12, Alitalia use 7, Ryanair use 6...the only chance is (expecially for airbus) to set LRC or 0.78 but is not close to realty....

Is not possibile to add in the next version the possibilty to choose the Cost Index?

For example Easyjet use 5 or 12, Alitalia use 7, Ryanair use 6...the only chance is (expecially for airbus) to set LRC or 0.78 but is not close to realty....

...and the Airbus will follow ;)

Stay calm, things are coming.

You can use it now, just type in the CI instead of selecting LRC or 0.78...

Fabio,

I use cost index with PFPX without a problem. It has been implemented for all the Boeings, but not the Airbuses yet. FlightSimSoft says they will soon add the airbuses.

It isn't possible..you can't write there. You can only choose between LRC or M0.78 nothing else!

Weird, first person I've heard that can't type there. When I'm planning a flight I just click on the box and start type 35 or something and it'll come up as CI 35

Weird, first person I've heard that can't type there. When I'm planning a flight I just click on the box and start type 35 or something and it'll come up as CI 35

It doesn't for me either...

Cost Index is not something that is calculated but something that decided by the airline.

Mathijs, some real flightplanning software (like Jetplanner) is able to automatically calculate cost index. You have to feed the databases with fuel prices at departure and arrival airports, and with the total flight cost (fixed cost).

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

Fabio,

I use cost index with PFPX without a problem. It has been implemented for all the Boeings, but not the Airbuses yet. FlightSimSoft says they will soon add the airbuses.

This is the answer....with Boeing works fine..Airbus i'm not able to use edit.

Thanks

Ok, so if I have planned a B772LR flight into the system, from KMIA-OMDB. Where would it show me my cost index if I left it in LRC?

You won't get a cost index since you are using LRC. Since PFPX plans a climb and descent speed (250/320/.84 on the climb if I remember right and .84/320/250 on the descent) the only thing the cost index would impact is the cruise speed. However, you are choosing to run with LRC instead so the cost index you type in the FMC is useless as you're overriding all the speeds.

If you want to use a cost index speed, you have to enter in the cost index you want instead of LRC in PFPX.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Because a little confused , I am flying with B737-700 of IFLY and usually entering as cost index 50 or 60 in the FMC of the aircraft .

I want to ask you in the PFPX in field Cruise/Cost Index I leave it as is or must change as number 50 or 60 ...e.t.c.?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhcha7rox9ponac/COSTONDEX.JPG

Thank you very much

Chronis , just put the cost index you want to PFPX Aircraft Editor --> Default Speed Schecule section ... That's all , then you can compile a flight plan with that value , so your flight plan and FMC will have the same values .

Safe flights

Hello:

To clarify some confusion on how to enter the cost index.

As pointed out above. The aircraft template must have been created with support for Cost Index ( all PFPX B737 variants have this)

You can see this in the title over the field Cruise/Cost Index. Next, the field has a drop down, but it also accepts numeric values, so to enter a cost index value, type in the number ( eg 14 ) without the CI. PFPX will add the CI prefix.

If you don't want to enter the value each time, you can edit the Aircraft file and put in the Cost Index value you want to use as a default. ( Note: It can still be overridden) The attached files are screen shots to show where/how to enter a value for the Plan and in the Aircraft file.

post-93852-0-56251900-1388513717_thumb.g

post-93852-0-18934400-1388513718_thumb.g

Chronis , just put the cost index you want to PFPX Aircraft Editor --> Default Speed Schecule section ... That's all , then you can compile a flight plan with that value , so your flight plan and FMC will have the same values .

Safe flights

ok thank you very much Mr.Fatih and Happy new Year

Archived