Flight Levels in LPPC Flight Region

Hi All,

I am looking at planning routes from the UK/Ireland to the Canary Islands and noticed that all the upper airways within the LPPC FIR have level limits between FL200-245. So that all upper airspace routes are planned direct from the entry point to the exit point of the airspace region. This causes errors during validation.

No doubt in my mind I am missing something critical here. Any pointers from anyone?

e.g. BEPA5A BEPAN P620 BANBA UP620 KORUL UQ600 DEMOS DCT ORTIS ORTI3V

Thanks

James

Only solution is DCT. I've looked at www.edi-gla.co.uk for routes to the Canary Islands through LPPC FIR and they all go DCT from basically Spanish airspace to Casablanca FIR.

Hello,

LPPC is a FIR in witch FRA (Free Route Airspace) is implemented.

This system allows operators more flexibility in flight planning in Lisbon FIR.

From official AIP ENR:

Within the FRA area there will be no limitations on the use of “DCT “.

Overflight traffic should plan directly from FRA airspace entry point to FRA airspace exit point.

Arriving traffic should plan directly from FRA airspace entry point to the STAR initial waypoint.

Departing traffic should plan directly from SID final waypoint to the FRA airspace exit point.

So, like in real world the correct procedure is use a DCT. If you notice on PFPX map and enable the "DCT" you see that apart from US and oceanic, in Europe, Portugal is the only FIR that has this system (also implemented in PFPX)

Also, for flights ending within the LPPC boundary there should be a direct route from the entry waypoint to the waypoint at the start of the STAR and from the SID to the exit waypoint, these don't exist, nor do directs between each of the individual waypoints within the FIR. Same goes for Irish airspace, off the top of my head the number of DCTs needed is the number of waypoints within and on the border of the FIR factorial, then multiplied by two for going the opposite direction, which is a lot of DCTs!

Thanks,

Rónán.

Are you guys using AS or NG nav? I just built EGKK-GCLA to test and it routed me through LPPC using just the entry/exit points, RALUS DCT BEXAL at FL380.

I'm on NG airac.

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Rob and all,

I am using NG 1309 and it does route direct but it fails the CFMU complaining about the DCT route being too long/not allowed. That's what alerted me to this issue.

Thanks for the info re: free routing.

Cheers

James

YPPH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived