Unable to Uninstall v1.03

Windows 8 64 bit.

I uninstalled v1.03 rebooted and tried to install v1.04 of PFPX.

When launching the PFPX v1.04 installer I receive an error message Please uninstall previous version first!

I went into programs and features and sure enough v1.03 is still listed. Uninstalled again rebooted and it is still there.

How do I get rid of v1.03?

I suspect the uninstall of v 1.03 was not successful........ did you use the full install for 1.04 or the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.04? http://www.flightsimsoft.com/downloads/

If you try to run PFPX 1.03 and it does not start up, have you tried installing 1.03 again, tested PFPX and made sure it works. Then perhaps try using the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.04 without uninstalling 1.03. I use the update file rather than the full installation which Requires v1.00 or higher installed (59.1 MB) and have never had to uninstall to go to the next update.

If in the future I have to replace my pc I would install using the full install.....but once installed just use the small update files to update to next version.

Roy

v1.03 did install and seemed to work ok, but it was a strange install on Windows 8 as it tried to reboot the my PC.

I deleted my v1.03 version and only v1.04 is now available off the web site, so I am in a bit of a bind.

Will have to pull out last night's backup and restore the v1.03 installation executable and try installing that version first.

Hopefully that will resolve my issue.

Tried reinstalling v1.03 and I was prompted to remove the application. Uninstalled the application, rebooted my PC and I am still having the same issue only worse:

v1.03: Can't install it. Prompted to remove, but it doesn't uninstall the application.

v1.04:Can't install it. Error message saying I need to remove the previous version.

Anyone have a manual uninstall procedure for this?

If I had an issue like this on my machine, one of the options I would look at is using the windows system restore procedure to take the windows system back to a time prior to installing PFPX.

However I do not not have Windows 8 so do not know how Win8 differs to Windows7 so hopefully someone from support can help you with this issue you have. Maybe it is as simple as looking at the various folders created by PFPX and renaming them prior to doing a reinstall.

Roy

Yes Windows 8 does have System Restore, but this is not an option.

If it comes to that, I guess I won't be using PFPX, until the next time I rebuild it which normally is every year or two.

Yes Windows 8 does have System Restore, but this is not an option.

If it comes to that, I guess I won't be using PFPX, until the next time I rebuild it which normally is every year or two.

I am sure that support will get back to you soon on this......don't know what time zone they are in now

Archived