Green (?) mountain ???

martinlest

Now I know the manual mentions this, and I think the green mountain looks fine in itself. I don't remember it being like this from my last visit to the real Lukla to be honest, but I will readily accept that it is the case.

The problem is that MSFS apparently don't know that the mountains there are green. The result is that the area around Lukla now stands out like a sore thumb - bright green against the grey browns of the default, with sharp demarcation points between the two. To my eyes at least, as great as the scenery is in itself, this aspect of it looks seriously weird. I could post some screenshots but it's probably not necessary?

Can anything be done? A patch so the the scenery fits more easily with the rest of the mountains?

Martin

• Aerosoft
Now I know the manual mentions this, and I think the green mountain looks fine in itself. I don't remember it being like this from my last visit to the real Lukla to be honest, but I will readily accept that it is the case.

The problem is that MSFS apparently don't know that the mountains there are green. The result is that the area around Lukla now stands out like a sore thumb - bright green against the grey browns of the default, with sharp demarcation points between the two. To my eyes at least, as great as the scenery is in itself, this aspect of it looks seriously weird. I could post some screenshots but it's probably not necessary?

Can anything be done? A patch so the the scenery fits more easily with the rest of the mountains?

Martin

Is what you see different from the screenshots we published? It sounds like some parts of your textures are non standard.

Hi. I have Nepal Scenery installed (nepal_fs9_v2.zip), but that doesn't add files that would change the terrain like this (uninstalled it just in case - no change). Also FSGenesis mesh, which clearly has nothing to do with it. If, from the following screenshot, you think I don't have the default FS9 mountain textures, please let me know and I'll think again.

Whatever, the screenshot here shows what I mean.:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/martinlest/Leh.jpg

M. :-)

Why is it the moment I click 'Submit' something occurs to me?! The screenshot shows Autumn textures. If I change to summer, well, the green is very different, but it looks very much less odd. Maybe I need to fly to Lukla only in summer?

Oh and I put Leh instead of Lukla for the screenshot title - I know!! Ooops!

M.

Hi Martin,

you are right. The mountains there are more green in reality. But by using some tricks we made them green around Lukla (what is very hard work btw.). The problem is that flight simulator displays rock textures if the terrain has a certain accent - even if we tell flight simulator that it should be green. That is hard-coded in flightsim and we can't do anything about it. In the default version there were even palm trees around Phaplu and we removed many of them. It is really strange how this area looks in default flight simulator.

Sascha

Well, by disassembling and editing a number of bgl files (and in one case moving a runway to another location!) I have managed, just about, to make my Nepal scenery fit in with the Lukla scenery. It meant adding about 6 flatten codes to the scenery.cfg too, but as far as I can see now, it all looks good. I am quite pleased to be able to have my cake and eat it, so to speak.

I will have to remember to fly this scenery in summer only ("flight sim summer", I mean!!) so that the green blends in better with the default colours,

Thanks for the comment,

Martin