A-10 Help

Michael

I just bought the A-10. Everything installed fine and all is where it should be. my FS9 starts up as it should and all of my AC in any situation work fine. However when I select the A-10 and then try and go fly the sim shuts down followed by a windows needs to shut down the program error. As soon as I hit ok it automatically reboots FS9 and I am back to square one. Again, everything works until I try to get the A-10 to do anything. Any suggestions would be most helpful. As of right now my A-10 purchase is less than an hour old. This has never happend to any other paywhere AC I have on my rig. Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.

Mike

Hello Mike,

The most common cause of the problem is the gps_export.dll NOT being the original installed by FS2004. There are some commercial applications that exchange this file with a new version that just won't listen to other gauges the way Microsoft intended. You can find this file on Disc 2 in the MSGAME3.CAB file, most compression utilities are able to open these CAB files. Copy the original file back to your FS9 Modules folder and then try.

hi SAF,

i do have the same problem and your reply did not solved it.

i already replaced the gps_export.dll and installed the newest version of fsuipc but still the same result.

i can select the A10, but as soon as the scenery is loaded, the cockpit flashes for a moment and than after a short black screen i get the message that there had been an error and i can restart fs9.

all other aircrafts (in the meantime a lot) works fine.

i hope you have an additional tip for us.

in advance thank you very much for your efforts.

MIMAMO