Wilco airbus and nav data pro

Chris Willis

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with the Wilco evo airbus and navdata pro cycle 1309

When entering the airway route into the fmc the system randomly assigns alt/ speed constraints or makes the waypoint a flyover waypoint.

When I get to these waypoints in the flight, the waypoint constantly moves and my bus ends up flying around in circles

I've had this on airway b1 over Taiwan, also over Laos and Cambodia, and also over Vietnam on the way from VHhh to wsss.

Is anyone else having this issue, and if so do you know a solution.

Chris

P.s. I normally delete the restrictions and replace the flyover waypoints in the fmc, but I still get the issue.

Hi Matthias

I've had it again tonight.

When I loaded the following Flightplans into the wilco A320

PECAN V12 EPDOS L642 CN L644 TPN W38W AMBOY W38 DENDY

The fms has assigned VEPAM as a flyover waypoint. On reaching VEPAM, the fms collapsed the next waypoint (KARAN) to within 6nm, this causes the bus to lose nav integrity and it starts turning to try and chase the new waypoint. The normal consequence of this is to fly in circles chasing the collapsed waypoint.

VEPAM 0013 ..... 980 213 .78 065/014 M35 9.7

VEPAM N 1358.0 0112 ..... 80 212 469 P012 P14 ..... E11000.0 93 481 3 540 9.1

KARAN 0011 ..... 320 211 .78 071/008 M34 9.2

KARAN N 1238.9 0123 ..... 104 211 470 P006 P15 ..... E10909.4 58 476 2 543 8.6

The same has happened on flying over ELSAS when the waypoint CH was also pulled to within 6nm.

One thing is true, I do not get this issue when flying in the EU, just in the apac region

I can send in the flight plan if required.

Maybe not.

It is the first time I have flown in apac seriously.

It has just done it again and collapsed 4 waypoints to a position that is behind me. I'm getting a feeling it is how the wilco is handling the data and not with the data itself.

Next time I'll take some screenshots and post them here to try and give you a better feel of what I'm seeing

Chris.

I can reproduce this strange behaviour.

However the airway data for Feelthere does not contain any speeds, altitude constraints or overfly information. I have no idea where the Wilco Bus is taking this information from. As soon as you enter your cruise altitude all the strange speeds and altitudes will disappear. The route looks normal after this. I have not flown it though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived