Interested in purchasing....but

Hi folks,

Very interested in buying this software,however I rarely buy the "a" model of any software because of the initially bugs etc.

Question - is pfpx worth buying as it is now?

Cheers

Steve

Yes it is. As you said, all software will have certain issues initially, but you rarely see a support of commitment of this scale. This means that whatever your issues, you can expect them to be addressed quickly. This is the best flight planning solution currently available for flightsim. It so good, that I cannot compare it to anything else without feeling that I am doing it some injustice. It has many little features not noticeable at first, but which I am discovering as I am using it.

Well, I never thought I would say this, but Yes. The more you use it the more professional it becomes.

It is a very steep learning curve, but the guys here are first class for help and advise.

If you like 'in depth' flight planning then this is the best, if you are the 'click and fly ' type then no.

I've been learning this for the last 3 days, and it has opened my eyes to the complexity of flight planning.

What I thought were correct flight plans using other software, seems like they might be slightly out (CFMU). You could argue, does it really matter, it's only a 'sim'.

PFPX, just adds that extra RW flight planning. Yes, there has been issues, but hey it's new.

Has it been fun so far, absolutely yes and I'm just going to fly my first FP created with PFPX, yes it's EDDF >EGCC (At last). Going with everything that PFPX has produced, weights, fuel, route etc.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, from a guy, who thought he knew quiet a bit about flight planning until PFPX arrived, now I know even more and that has to be good.

I have my 19 page OFP ready, gone through it, signed it off (wife thinks I'm totally mad!!), just about to go to the flight deck and start pre -flight.

using OPUS as the weather.

Clive

absolutely worth it, as alpha117 says if you like to properly plan your flight you'll love it, the planning process is so streamlined as to the previous ways I've calculated flightplans etc all the information you need ability to export and print everything including the maps! its just unreal how good it is! should also mention how fast support was plus the forum is great too!

Archived