Autorouter issue: mixing up waypoint steam in canada with steam in japan

Hi,

I really like PFPX, but I also have a minor issue with VIAs if the corresponding waypoint exist more than once somewhere in the world. For example, I wanted to plan a flight from KJFK to EGLL. To try out different routes I used the waypoint STEAM in Canada (Entry Point NAT W tonight) as a VIA. Unfortunately, the autorouter mixed up the waypoint STEAM in Canada with the waypoint steam in Japan, such that I got the route suggestion you can see in the attached image.

pfpx1jds72.png

I had a similiar issues when planning a flight from EDDM to LFPG, but cannot remeber the waypoint.

Anyone else observing this issue?

Best regards,

Konrad

No problems like that with my version, have just copied your departure and destination routeing was through redby carpe, changed the routeing so that it went through steam oyster no duplicates given

Best Regards

Bruce

If you enter via waypoints with duplicate identifiers (e.g. there is a waypoint STEAM in Canada as well as in Japan) make sure to select the correct one in the dropdown box.

Hi Christian,

thanks for the advice. I actually did not enter STEAM manually as a VIA, but right clicked STEAM on the map and chose VIA+ afterwards. I have seen no dropdown box where I could choose the right waypoint STEAM in that case.

Regards,

Konrad

Archived