Feature request for TO and LANDING function in PFPX

I've this problem maybe i've not read all the manual but is possible to add a feature to insert into the take off calculation and landing calculation function the assumed weight of the aircraft as final plan ?

When i select this function i found only MAX as weight usable and i have to manually search for TO and Landing weight.

Thanks

You need Topcat for this feature, but we aware it does not cover all addons. PFPX will export data to Topcat for calculations, however, you do need to have the Aircraft created in the same registration as PFPX.

When you set up your aircraft in PFPX there is a place to select a Topcat profile. Select one that is appropriate.

After the make the plan in PFPX click on SEND button at the top and select Topcat. It will send all of the weights over to Topcat.....but remember it only sends pax, fuel, cargo weights and the dry operating weights etc, will need to match what is in your addon (can be found in the FMC once you zero out the pax, cargo and fuel or if you look in the aircraft.cfg file). Also you will need an aircraft in Topcat that has the same registration as the plane you used in PFPX

Hope this helps.

When computing take-off and landing in PFPX, there is no option for assumed temperature and auto-brake setting as in TopCat. So when the computation is complete you get a result for full power with no assumed temperature. The other issue is that some runways have a limit to the assumed temperature. This is a feature of TopCat, but PFPX ignores this fact and presents a takeoff setting as described above.

I am not a programmer and have no idea how simple or difficult it would be to fix this issue. I know one could simply run the calculation in TopCat. Would be nice it calculating it in PFPX would show the result as we see in TopCat. I hope this makes sense.

I like the fact that I now see the winds in the flight plan versus other flight planning software.

Plus 1 for improper cargo ops showing passengers and not properly loading cargo only.

Rob

When computing take-off and landing in PFPX, there is no option for assumed temperature and auto-brake setting as in TopCat. So when the computation is complete you get a result for full power with no assumed temperature. The other issue is that some runways have a limit to the assumed temperature. This is a feature of TopCat, but PFPX ignores this fact and presents a takeoff setting as described above.

I am not a programmer and have no idea how simple or difficult it would be to fix this issue. I know one could simply run the calculation in TopCat. Would be nice it calculating it in PFPX would show the result as we see in TopCat. I hope this makes sense.

I like the fact that I now see the winds in the flight plan versus other flight planning software.

Plus 1 for improper cargo ops showing passengers and not properly loading cargo only.

Rob

I too would like to see PFPX properly calculate using assumed temp and De-Rated TO. I have all 3 Allowed ... checked in both TopCat and the aircraft editor of PFPX but all I get is full power and a statement that a couple of temps are not authorized.

Is this planned for a future enhancement?

Kees

I too would like to see PFPX properly calculate using assumed temp and De-Rated TO. I have all 3 Allowed ... checked in both TopCat and the aircraft editor of PFPX but all I get is full power and a statement that a couple of temps are not authorized.

Is this planned for a future enhancement?

Kees

I believe this section of PFPX (where you do the takeoff analysis during planning stage) is only there to determine what the maximum takeoff weight is for the runway/weather consitions selected. You then compute the flight, which adds the fuel load, and if the planned take of weight is more than the maximum take off weight for the conditions, you will get a warning from PFPX.

Once you release the flight plan, you can then send the weight data to TOPCAT - TOPCAT then lauches itself, and you can get the detailed derate data for takeoff

It would probably help if there is a sticky at the top of the forum, as there seems to be a lot of confusion over using PFPX and TOPCAT.

Archived