CYYZ – Victor Airway Altitude Restriction Suppression

Dear Christian and Judith,

First off, thank you very for two excellent products (TOPCAT and now PFPX) to enhance our flight simulation experience!!

I am a Captain at a regional airline in Canada, and although I currently hold an ATPL, I find PFPX to be a very good educational tool and find I have lots to learn in the world of flight dispatch.

I have a query with regards to Victor Airway altitude restrictions around CYYZ. Here's an example of a typical departure route out of CYYZ terminal:

N0433A170 TONNY2 TONNY/N0427F160 V34 YEE/N0497F290 J556 YYB/N0484F310
If I remove the TONNY2 TONNY V34 from the route, PFPX will build a route with FL290 as the initial altitude.
However, CYYZ ATC will never allow CYYZ DCT YEE and will re-route the flight via TONNY2 TONNY V34 YEE – this will be quite a painful process for the aircrew since CYYZ CLX will begin by saying "ACA015, I will need a full readback on the routeing ...". Although a portion of the terminal exit route is along a Victor Airway, that segment is very very short – only 24 nm. Therefore, in all practical purpose, a continuous climb to FL290 will be authorized.
Therefore, in similar cases such as this one, is there anyway for PFPX to suppress the altitude restriction from the Victor Airway and produce a route with a continuous climb instead?
Danke schön!! :)
Best regards,
Sunny.

You could enter an intial cruise altitude. PFPX will then disregard altitude contraints and directly climb to that altitude.

Dear Christian,

Thank You very much for your quick response!!

How do I go about entering the initial cruise altitude?

Best regards,

Sunny.

Dear Christian,

I've tried following your suggesting of setting an initial cruise altitude in the "Flight -> Advanced -> Speed/Altitude" section. I have setup the following:

NOVAM – FL290 – 2000 ft. Step Climb – (Initial)

(Note: NOVAM is a waypoint on the TONNY2 SID and is the first waypoint in the drop down list)

However, I am still getting this result:

N0425A160 TONNY2 TONNY V34 YEE/N0499F290

Please advise.

Thank You!! :)

Best regards,

Sunny.

Archived