READ: Server Issues - my apologies!

Dear PFPX users,

today - Saturday- afternoon we had a severe server failure.

I'm not sure if it is related to a hardware failure within our ISP or a hacker attack.

The complete database serving all real-time data for PFPX just was gone - completely.

We have not been able to contact our ISP, neither on the normal phone numbers nor on the emergency hotline.

Emails hadn't been answered as well.

So we had to completly rebuild all databases and switch back to a backup generated yesterday evening.

After several hours of intense work, operations are now back to normal.

Some of you may have received messages about invalid licenses or strange license expiry dates.

Altough the failure was beyond our control, I really apologize for this situation.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update, and I'm sorry you've had to deal with such server issues on the roll-out of PFPX.

That said, I regret that I'm still getting messages that my server subscription has expired and that weather and NAT track downloads are disabled.

PFPX is a professional piece of software which has improved the flight sim experience for all of us. Issues like this will happen and we all thank you for getting the server backup as soon as you did.

Roy

I have the same problem as you. I bought this product 5 hours ago...

You guys sure it's working for you? PFPX runs for me, but the server subscription still says it expired in 1970 so I have no weather, tracks, notams, etc.

You guys sure it's working for you? PFPX runs for me, but the server subscription still says it expired in 1970 so I have no weather, tracks, notams, etc.

Same here, unfortunately. I'm sure they'll get this sorted soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi,

sorry to hear about the server problems... that's tough.

On that note, I bought it today (this morning), and it worked until the point of failure. Now when I click on the weather button it says that my subscription is expired. Is this normal ? Maybe because you restored the backup from yesterday, my license is again "unknown" in the database (bought it today) ?

Thanks for replying.

Mathieu

EDIT: indeed, like the posts above, in the status screen it says "subscription expired" since 1970

Please tell me I'm wrong!

from NOAA:

EDDF 311520Z 24008KT 9999 FEW035 BKN075 21/14 Q1021 NOSIG

From PFPX:

EDDF 311350Z 27009KT 9999 FEW036 SCT050 BKN180 22/13 Q1020 NOSIG

Clive

when it came back online for me, I had to hit the "now" button on the weather map and it jumped up a few hours. This is what i show for EDDF from pfpx:

EDDF 311520Z 24008KT 9999 FEW035 BKN075 21/14 Q1021 NOSIG
EDDF 311100Z 3112/0118 26008KT 9999 SCT030
PROB40 TEMPO 3115/3120 SHRA BKN030TCU
BECMG 3118/3121 32006KT

Thanks Christian, amazing piece of software, even with the teething issues I have learned a massive amount about route planning in a very short time. This takes Flight Simulation to another level.

Likewise I'm afraid -- Subscription expired Jan 1, 1970; 15948 days ago. I was only two at the time -- people were walking on the moon and I could fly to New York in 3.5 hours. Such is progress.

Will it update itself or do I have to apply a fix?

Regards,

Sandy.

I'm not sure if it is related to a hardware failure within our ISP or a hacker attack.

The complete database serving all real-time data for PFPX just was gone - completely.

We have not been able to contact our ISP, neither on the normal phone numbers nor on the emergency hotline.

Seriously you should consider Windows Azure http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/

Dear Matthew,

I just installed the program yesterday evening and are unable to get weather and notams, while I succeeded the first time I used it..... I'm getting the message that the subscription is expired..

could you help me?

Kind regards,

Herman Veerbeek

Seriously you should consider Windows Azure http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/

Dear PFPX users,

So we had to completly rebuild all databases and switch back to a backup generated yesterday evening.

After several hours of intense work, operations are now back to normal.

Some of you may have received messages about invalid licenses or strange license expiry dates.

Altough the failure was beyond our control, I really apologize for this situation.

Archived